Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Are you talking about errors in the text shown in the images or in the spoken part? I'm having trouble understanding what the speaker is saying.

ensan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Are you talking about errors in the text shown in the images or in the spoken part? I'm having trouble understanding what the speaker is saying.

How many mistakes are there in pronunciation?
You are right. The voice is unclear.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Given that the speaker is very clearly not a native English speaker, it's hard to comment on "errors" as such. I would say that almost none of the words in the first 30 seconds or so (that was all I managed to listen to because it was a struggle to hear at all) were pronounced like a native speaker. The rhythm and cadence are wrong too.

ensan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
In this video, the speaker is addressing non- native speakers.So he used his native rhythm and cadence of his mother language . I think he should have left them and used the English one. You are so accurate and professional.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have worked with native speakers of English from India whose accent was very similar to that speaker's accent.

Interesting. I didn't think he sounded remotely Indian. My best guess was that he was from a West African country (perhaps Nigeria) but that he had grown up without English as his first language. I was, however, playing it on a laptop that doesn't have a high maximum volume and I couldn't find my headphones.

Last edited:

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
My guess is he's from Pakistan, possibly Afghanistan.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
So he used his native rhythm and cadence of his mother language .
Yep. That's typical of Egyptian Arabic. He isn't anywhere from the subcontinent.

ensan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Yep. That's typical of Egyptian Arabic. He isn't anywhere from the subcontinent.
Yes,you are right.It is the Egyptian English version but with much more exaggeration.

Status
Not open for further replies.