Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
Greetings, I am 18 year old student. I finishes successfully my CAE preparation course three months ago and the time to sit the exam is drawing near. I should have already registered myself but due to anxiety I procrastinated and decided to wait till the next date. The ''registration'' deadline for this next day is tomorrow and , to tell the truth, I have been feeling extremely perturbed these days. The thing is, I want to achieve an A grade so that it is certified that my skills match the C2 level. However, my mock exam scores during the course were - 193, 196, 197, which, unsurprisingly, has put me off . I am well aware that the more I wait, the worse my form will get. What should I do ?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Greetings,[/STRIKE] Unnecessarily formal.

Hello.

I am an 18-year-old student. I successfully finished [STRIKE]successfully[/STRIKE] my CAE preparation course three months ago and the time to sit the exam is drawing near. I should have already registered [STRIKE]myself[/STRIKE] but, due to anxiety, I procrastinated and decided to wait till the next date.

The ''registration'' deadline for [STRIKE]this next day[/STRIKE] that exam is tomorrow and, to tell the truth, I have been feeling extremely perturbed [STRIKE]these[/STRIKE] in/over the last few days.

The thing is, I want to achieve an A grade so that [STRIKE]it is certified[/STRIKE] I can show/prove that my [STRIKE]skills match the[/STRIKE] English is at C2 level.

However, my mock exam scores during the course were (no dash here) 193, 196, and 197, which, unsurprisingly, has put me off. I am well aware that the more I wait, the worse my form will get. What should I do?

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

My advice - get yourself to wherever you need to go tomorrow and register for that exam! Never mind your form; the longer you wait, the less confident you will be. No one ever feels 100% confident about an exam. Just do it! If you fail, you can just take it again.

(Note my corrections above.)

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Take it and do your best. You will probably get a good result, a result that will allow you to use it as a qualification. If it's not quite the result you want, you will be able to take it again at some point, with the benefit of experience. I hope it goes well for you.

NamelessKing

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
UK
Chillax, mate.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
orfeox5, if you're reading these replies, you might like to thank the members who wrote them by clicking 'Thank' in the bottom left-hand corner of every post.

Status
Not open for further replies.