Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes?

When Jim returned to his hometown with the diploma in journalism his next goal was to get married. One evening he stepped into a dancing hall and to his right saw three woman. He asked the tallest, with a black, curly hair to dance with him. "It is the ladies'choice," she said. "I don't care," Jim said. "I want to dance with you." He took her by the hand and she obediently followed him to the dancing floor. More than fifty years passed since that evening and they are still married.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I would add some punctuation to the first sentence. The second has a plural error and an unnecessary article.

Bassim

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Would this version be OK?

When Jim returned to his hometown with the diploma in journalism, his next goal was to get married. One evening he stepped into a dance hall and to his right saw three women. He asked the tallest, with black, curly hair to dance with him.

Sirpatchio

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Correct version (In my opinion at least):

When Jim returned to his hometown with the diploma in journalism
, his next goal was to get married. One evening, he stepped into a dancing hall and to his right, saw three woman.

He asked
the tall one with the black and curly hair to dance with him. "It is the lady'schoice," she said. "I don't care," Jim replied. "I want to dance with you". Jim took her by the hand and she obediently followed him to the dancing floor. More than fifty years have passed since that evening and they are still married.

Status
Not open for further replies.