Is it right to say 'necessary' this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Put the primary stress on the first syllable—not on the second (as with your old pronunciation) or the third (as with your new one).

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When you're not sure about the pronunciation of something in English, head to Forvo. Choose English from the list of languages and then type in the word you're looking for. You will find multiple recordings of native speakers from all over the word.

Here is the listing for "necessary".

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Your pronunciation is still wrong. You need to put the stress on the first syllable. At the moment, you're incorrectly putting it on the third.

ensan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Your pronunciation is still wrong. You need to put the stress on the first syllable. At the moment, you're incorrectly putting it on the third.

Yes,you are right.I agree with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, (space after a comma) you are right. (space after a full stop) I agree with you.

Note my corrections above. You must put a space after a full stop, a comma, a question mark or an exclamation mark. Note that there was no need for you to write that post at all. You can just click on the "Like" button or, even better, the "Thank" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.