Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes?

After breaking off their engagement, Paul and Linda went to a restaurant to "celebrate" it with sumptuous dinner. It had taken them some time to take this difficult decision, but they had understood that they were not made for each other. As they still had feelings for one another, they had decided to stay friends and meet for a beer or two at weekends. The arrangement gave them a feeling of freedom that suited their restless minds.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

After breaking off their engagement, Paul and Linda went to a restaurant to "celebrate" it with a sumptuous dinner. It had taken them some time to take this difficult decision, but they had come to understand that they were not made for each other. As they still had feelings for one another, they had decided to stay friends and meet for a beer or two at weekends. The arrangement gave them a feeling of freedom that suited their restless minds.

OK.

Glizdka

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland

After breaking off their engagement, Paul and Linda went to a restaurant to "celebrate" it with sumptuous dinner. It had taken them some time to take this difficult decision, but they had understood that they were not made for each other. As they still had feelings for one another, they had decided to stay friends and meet for a beer or two at weekends. The arrangement gave them a feeling of freedom that suited their restless minds.
Not a teacher
------

I was taught to use each other with two people, and one another with more than two people. Should Bassim have used each other instead?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I didn't notice before that he used first one then the other.
:up:

Glizdka

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Our evidence shows that this is not the case. If you want to observe the rule, you can, but you do not need to. You can used each other and one another the same way.

Was that intentional?

Bassim

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Glizdka,