• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Dutch
      • Home Country:
      • Netherlands
      • Current Location:
      • Netherlands

difference between prerequisites , requirements and qualifications

Can somebody please help me with an explaination about the difference between

- course prerequisites
    - course entry requirements
    - course qualifications

This is about a course which consists of different modules. To start with the course the candidates must have some qualifications (or entry requirements?) For every module the prerequisite is the candidate has succesfully ended the previous module.

Is this correct? What is the difference between those three? (if there is any difference)

( P.S. I also asked this question at another forum, but not received an answer yet. I am a bit in a hurry, thats why I asked it here again.)

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 19-Oct-2019 at 17:46. Reason: Sorted out formatting

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: difference between prerequisites , requirements and qualifications

Please provide a link to your thread on the "other forum" so that we can see what answers you were given there. We don't want to waste time giving you information you already have.

Also, please note that we work at our own speed, not the speed of the person asking the question so the fact that you are "in a bit of a hurry" is irrelevant to us.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

3. Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Re: difference between prerequisites , requirements and qualifications

Entry requirements could be qualifications, but not necessarily- they could be having a job in the area, or even simply the means to pay. I would think that the requisites should specify module rather than course as you can go from one level to another without finishing the course. For the last, I would call it a qualification as it is what you gain when you complete it.