[Application] Please help me review my motivational letter for MSc program in Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascentee123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Yoruba
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
Dr Duc Thi Luu

Faculty of Business,
Economics and Social Sciences
Kiel University, Kiel.

I am writing this letter to apply for a place in the Master of Science in Quantitative Finance, offered at the Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences, Kiel University, Kiel. After graduating with a bachelor's in Banking and Finance from the University of Benin, Benin city, I wish to expand my knowledge of financial economics and mathematical finance, which I believe would enable me to establish a career in Finance. After reading the provided course curriculum, I have found that the subject material covered will ideally suit my career goals.

I believe the Master of Science in Quantitative Finance program of Kiel University is perfect for me to study financial knowledge in a more in-depth and systematic way. I am particularly interested in the courses Statistics & Econometrics for Finance, Financial Economics & Corporate Finance and Mathematical Finance because I have found them essential for me to be able to research macroeconomics and microeconomics conditions along with company fundamentals to make predictions about businesses, sectors and industries, as well as prepare financial models to predict future economic conditions, conduct complex quantitative analyses and produce reports detailing findings. Besides, the curriculum is quite parallel to my ambitions as I want to improve myself in interpreting financial statements, corporate governance and financial modeling.
More exciting, Kiel University offers an international learning environment where I can gain the advantage to learn to cooperate with people from different backgrounds. Kiel University (also referred to as the CAU) was founded back in 1665. It is Schleswig-Holstein's oldest, largest and best-known university, with 27,000 students and around 3,000 members of staff. It is also the only fully-fledged university in the state. Seven Nobel Prize winners have worked at the University. The CAU has been successfully taking part in the Excellence Initiative since 2006. Kiel University is dedicated to research-based teaching and learning. Therefore, the development of new teaching approaches is evolving constantly at the interfaces between researches from the different scientific disciplines. Students from all over the world benefit from this as research results are quickly integrated into program curricula and the academic staff is trained in state-of-the-art teaching methods.
The city of Kiel is located directly on the Baltic Sea coast and is the capital of the northernmost German federal state, Schleswig-Holstein. Kiel's international flair is enhanced by its port, where Scandinavian ferries dock next to cruise liners and historic ships. Those who enjoy going out will benefit from the city's lively cultural life as well as the many clubs and bars to be found between the campus and the city center. Kiel is a strong center of science and research. Our students benefit from studying by the sea in a city that offers short distances and a wide range of leisure facilities by the waterside. It takes less than 20 minutes to get from the lecture hall to the beach. A fresh breeze on your face and the right books on hand create a great atmosphere for learning. The social conditions for studying in Kiel are excellent.

My professional goal is to become a Financial Analyst for a multi-brand company such as Globacom Limited after successfully completing my master's degree. I have had a strong interest in data analysis, particularly in the finance field, since my first year at university. During my undergraduate degree, I focused on finance-related concepts through theoretical approaches and also studied the basic principles of financial economics, mathematical finance and business administration. While writing my final essay I analyzed case studies of Central Bank role in the development of financial markets. I gained research skills and studied research methodologies. I managed to apply remarkably the knowledge and skills (communication, numerical, leadership/team management, and organization and time management) gathered from my undergraduate studies at the University of Benin, Benin City while working in Complete Communications Limited in the sales department as an assistant supervisor, responsible for a sales team of 11 persons. I was able to draw up and implement a blueprint to reduced bad and doubtful debts, ensure awesome customers relation and service and an ideal working environment for my colleagues.
I researched and used a real example from the financial industry in Nigeria, the Central Bank, for my bachelor's thesis, "The role of Central Bank in the Development of Financial Markets". It improved my research and data-analysis skills. In particular, I applied research techniques, such as personal interviews, surveys, table and SPSS. I employed analytics tools such as regression to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the Central Bank and the impact of its role in developing a robust financial market.
Moreover, I have learned that other skills and factors are also essential to successfully complete any project. For instance, strong organization and communication skills, respect for deadlines, open-mindedness, and accuracy are all important attributes of a Financial Analyst.

Now I feel I am ready to take my career path to the next level. Additionally, studying abroad provides a great grounding in which to further experience diverse cultures and exchange knowledge. I am certain that the knowledge and skills learned from my professional experience and undergraduate degree would make me a valuable student in the Master of Science in Quantitative Finance, offered at the Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences, Kiel University, Kiel.
I am grateful for the given opportunity and time to review my motivational letter. I look forward to your reply and hope for a positive reaction as a Master in Quantitative Finance provides a sound platform for my career in the finance sector. Please inform me of a potential interview if there is a need for further information.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Do you still need help with that, or is it too late?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

Please tell me if you need more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.