[Essay] A short article to a youth magazine (an exam topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yslamac

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Describe at least three people in your life with whom you have very different relationships. Explain how these relationships are different.

There are a number of people from whom I met tremendously influenced my life – my primary school teacher, my sister and my professor.

In my early life, one of my teacher impacted me than any other teachers. She was my class teacher when I was in Grade one. I was deeply touched by her kindness and gentleness towards students, mainly because of her passion in education. Images of other teachers fade away gradually when I get older, still hers stay vividly in my mind. When I moved my house and encountered difficulties in finding a school, it was she who lent me a helpful hand by writing a recommendation letter. Actions speak louder than words. This seemingly effortless help let my mum and I got through hardship at that moment.

Another person shapes me throughout my entire life. My elder sister is two years older than me. She took great care of me when my mum was at work. I needed time getting adapted to a brand-new environment when I was little. Since both of us were studying in the same school. It was she who always introduced the environment to me, helping me ease anxiety towards an unfamiliar situation. Although she is going to move out living with her boyfriend. I will still consider her as a very important figure in my life.

The final person that shed light on life is my university professor. He changed my life as he had inspired me that being a teacher is full of meaning. During his lecture, he would employ different teaching strategies to enliven his teaching. Although he was old, he was up-to-date and was able to utilize different e-learning tools to deliver his lessons. As there were a number of complicated concepts for my studies, he was one of the few professors who could explain them in an understandable and detailed way. All of his tiny matters have had huge influence on the way how I become a teacher.

Without the help and influence of my primary school teacher, my sister and professor, I cannot become who I am today. I hope I can become the one who can influence others ‘lives in future!

Please help me correct the above article. Thanks!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When are you going to submit your essay to your teacher/tutor for marking/grading?

yslamac

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
No, this is just a practice for me to prepare for a public exam.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

Three people who have tremendously influenced me were my first grade teacher, my sister, and my university professor.

Did you only have one professor at university?

Last edited:

yslamac

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
one of my professors

Tarheel