English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Re: I don't like to work in the cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by jutfrank View Post
    That sounds very cool, but as a teacher I'm very glad we don't have that in the UK! Is that in schools or only in universities?

Yes, in this case, on camera is fine.
    I had students recording my classes, audio in those days, in the nineties. I didn't mind, but I always thought it was a waste of time as they'd gain more benefit from a page or two of notes than they would from having to listen to the whole thing again. I didn't think that capturing everything would capture that much. Being able to watch from outside makes sense, but it does run the risk of being just another attachment file that no one opens, but thinks that having it makes a difference.

VIP Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

I've had many of my lessons recorded, but always with a camera on a tripod at the back of the room, and obviously with sound. You can't observe a lesson properly without being able to see the board/screen and without being able to hear what's being said. This is what's confusing me about all this. I can't imagine how security cameras could do either of those things well.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I would have thought a camera permanently positioned on the back wall would record the board/screen and the teacher (if that's the point of them). Of course, this is all conjecture!
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by Silverobama View Post
    No. The students are required to go to the school (the language school) to attend classes. The cameras are used by the school, not by the students. I don't know how to explain myself better. Since the question was already answered, I'd better stop adding things to confuse everyone here.
    Three things. One, when answering a yes or no question always say "Yes" or "No" and then add more if you want to elaborate. Two, did I get it right? (It was an educated guess.) Three, I don't think you're trying to confuse people. (I hope not.)
    Not a professional teacher

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4