• Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

Time passed on

Source : The Golden Bird, Author : The Brothers Grimm

but the
    other looked very dirty, and poor. 'I should be very silly,' said he,'if I went to that shabby house, and left this charming place'; so he went into the smart house, and ate and drank at his ease, and forgot the bird, and his country too.
    Time passed on; and as the eldest son did not come back, and no tidings were heard of him, the second son set out, and the same thing happened to him. He met the fox, who gave him the good advice: but when he came to the two inns, his eldest brother was standing at the window where the merrymaking was, and called to him to come in; and he could not withstand the temptation, but went in, and forgot the golden bird and his country in the same manner.

When you say "Time passed on", does it mean that some considerably long time has passed or any unspecific length of time?
    Last edited by keannu; 12-Nov-2019 at 15:50. Reason: Marked missing spaces

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Time passed on

It looks like you have pasted the text in. I have marked in red in post #1 where the paste function missed out spaces between words. Please use the Edit Post function to add those spaces and change the text back to black. Remember to click "Save" when you're done.

Also, as I pointed out in a previous thread, the title is "The Golden Bird". Please change that too.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Time passed on

Thanks for editing your post.

"Time passed on" refers to an unspecific length of time. However, it is unlikely to refer to a short period.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.