Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
[FONT=&#48148]Usually golf starts with tee shot. To make a tee shot, I set the ball on the tee. And I prepare a driver club to hit the ball. In tee shot, we set the club at 60 degrees from the tee with proper distance to foot. And then, we make a swing to hit the ball as if we were making baseball hitting.

If the underlined is wrong, please let me know.[/FONT]

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Usually, golf starts with a tee shot. To make a tee shot, I set the ball on the tee. [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] Then I [STRIKE]prepare[/STRIKE] choose a driver. [STRIKE]club[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]to hit the ball.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]In[/STRIKE] For a tee shot, we set the club at 60 degrees from the tee [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] and at the [STRIKE]proper[/STRIKE] correct distance [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] from our foot. [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] Then (no comma here) we [STRIKE]make a[/STRIKE] swing to hit the ball as if we were [STRIKE]making[/STRIKE] hitting a baseball. [STRIKE]hitting.[/STRIKE]

If the underlined is wrong, please let me know.

Note my corrections above. I'm not a golf fan but I think a round of golf starting when someone tees off.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Note my corrections above. I'm not a golf fan but I think a round of golf starting when someone tees off.

Thanks a lot. Would you let me know why you don't need a comma after the two "then"?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am not a golfer, but I would say:

A round of golf starts with a tee shot.

I am not at all sure what the underlined part means. (I don't understand the rest of that sentence either.)
:-?

Glizdka

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
...In tee shot, we set the club at a 60-degrees angle from to the tee with proper distance to foot...
Not a teacher

[STRIKE]Hello, keannu,

I think that's a wrong preposition.[/STRIKE]
[The preposition was fine. I was wrong.]

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country