Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Key Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

    • Join Date: Nov 2006
    • Posts: 2,075
    #1

    Leave or leaving

    1. Let's have dinner next Wednesday before you guys *leaving* on the 13th.

    2. Let's have dinner next Wednesday before you guys *leave* on the 13th.

    👆May I ask which one is better or both are fine?

  2. VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

    • Join Date: Apr 2014
    • Posts: 5,389
    #2

    Re: Leave or leaving

    Only No.2 is correct.
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.

  3. Moderator
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Jun 2010
    • Posts: 29,072
    #3

    Re: Leave or leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by Ju View Post
    1. Let's have dinner next Wednesday before you guys leaving on the 13th.

    2. Let's have dinner next Wednesday before you guys leave on the 13th. (It's incorrect to use asterisks here.)

    May I ask which one is better or are both are fine acceptable?
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 05-Dec-2019 at 14:08.

  4. Key Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

    • Join Date: Nov 2006
    • Posts: 2,075
    #4

    Re: Leave or leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover_KE View Post
    Hi Rover,
    Do you agree only number 2 is correct?

  5. Key Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

    • Join Date: Nov 2006
    • Posts: 2,075
    #5

    Re: Leave or leaving

    1. I want to visit my mum before leaving Japan.
    2. I want to visit my mum before I leave Japan.

    Are both sentences acceptable?

  6. Moderator
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Jun 2010
    • Posts: 29,072
    #6

    Re: Leave or leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by Ju View Post
    Hi Rover,
    Do you agree only number 2 is correct?
    I clicked 'Like' to tedmc's reply, so what do you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ju View Post
    1. I want to visit my mum before leaving Japan.
    2. I want to visit my mum before I leave Japan.

    Are both sentences acceptable?
    Yes.

  7. Key Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

    • Join Date: Nov 2006
    • Posts: 2,075
    #7

    Re: Leave or leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover_KE View Post
    I clicked 'Like' to tedmc's reply, so what do you think?

    Yes.
    Yes. I understand, Rover.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •