Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am a EL teacher and would like to know what EL curriculums other teachers use and if they like. We use “Voyager Souris Language live” and we really don’t care for it. Any thoughts would help. Or are any using the same curriculum and what are your thoughts on it.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I have never used that curriculum. Most people I know pick and choose from different approaches.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
EL curriculum

I am a EL teacher and would like to know what EL curriculums other teachers use and if they like them. We use “Voyager Souris Language live” and we really don’t care for it. Any thoughts would help. Or are any using the same curriculum and what are your thoughts on it?
:)

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: EL curriculum

Our center uses both Ventures and the Step Forward series, mainly because they're aligned to CCRS standards we're supposed to be following.

They can be used as stand alone texts, but with my more advanced students I supplement them quite a bit with my own materials. I do like how each lesson is broken down into sections on conversation, writing, reading, and grammar, with each having additional accompanying workbook exercises. My complaint is that that the grammar explanations aren't terribly detailed, so I tend to add a lot of supplemental grammar content to expand on it with my more advanced classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.