[Application] Can someone help me with my motivational letter to the university?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Chan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Dear Madam or Sir,

I am a 4[SUP]th[/SUP] year student of tourism, leisure and hospitality management at National Chi Nan University in Taiwan. I would like to apply for a master degree at University of Padua, preferably in the business administration department. I hope to able to pursue a master's degree under the guidance of the above professors at University of Padua.

There are few reasons to explain why I decide to study at University of Padua. First of all, the degree of business administration provides both theoretical and technical skills. The comprehensive program teach me about fundamental theory and professional knowledge. Every single step leads us to become an extraordinary leader in the future. Secondly, I admire and appreciate the environment when I study at University of Padua the most historical university in the world. Meanwhile, I love Italian culture and history from the Ancient Roman innovations of aqueducts and road-building, to the ground-breaking styles of the Renaissance, to the worlds of music, fashion, and film, Italian culture is well-recognized and appreciated. I will participate the international programs and try to exchange my language and culture. Finally, the department of business administration provide the variety of the occupational opportunities for students after graduate from the university we would be able to work in different field of firms and apply the knowledge from the class confidently.

I did two researches before it is about wine and tourism separately. The former uses various crops to make five cocktails to boost the industries of tourism and agriculture. The latter is our group refers to the current problems of tourism and to find a feasible policy to attract more travelers. Both of these researches I mention before I investigate and analyze the market, find the reason why the recession existed.

After four years study, I have received 4 years professional training in tourism, leisure and hospitality management, and have developed good ability in human resource management, hotel management, accommodation management and financial analysis. I have acquired basic knowledge of my major at my school time. In my leisure time of my school life, I had a part-time job and work in the guesthouse. I learned a lot from the part-time job, and I designed a strategy for the guesthouse during the holiday and I had the certification of bakery. I can contribute to the accommodation. Before I graduate from the university I completed the internship in hotel. I engaged in different apartments of hotel, for example reception, concierge, banquet and administration. I realized that manage a hotel was difficult mission, because you will encounter countless difficulties and the stressful environment. Although it was the hardship for me but I overcome it due to service is the quintessential spirit of hotel.

My unique experience: I used to start a business in the night fair of Taiwan and sell the delicacies from Hong Kong. I designed a food truck with my friends. We spent around one year for preparation such as, estimate the profit, calculate the cost, equipment, marketing, financial issues, market analysis and menu. In the beginning, due to recession of market and lack of experience in business our food truckÂ’s operating condition is not ideal. But we gained that experience and we launched different advertisements to attract more customers so our business has embarked on a track. It is hard to start a business but your resolve and perseverance will leads your business be successful.

My Future Plans of study: If I had a chance to study at University of Padua. I will preview some researches and books those related to the business administration. " Case in Point " this book explains different types of business dilemmas. For this reason, I can be able to foster my senses of business administration and sharpen my mind. I divide my future into three parts. In earlier part, I must to strengthen what I learn in the common path. I will choose path one of management because the classes like " Advanced Marketing ", " Operations and Logistics " these appeals to me. It is very important to my future work. In same time, I will take extra classes about the global management in order to prepare for the ability to cope with brand-new governance and leadership in the future. In middle part, lifelong learning is my biggest goal and I will study English and Italian continuously, because we encounter the global management, our language ability is significant in the future.

In latter part, I am eager to join the internship program if it is available. Accumulate more experiences before I graduate. I hope to implement my theoretical and technical skills in my career simultaneously prepare for the dissertation.

My plan of dissertation: I have detailed plan and plot for my dissertation. In fact, it is a business plan and my humble idea. If there are not stringent limitation, I will investigate the sharing economy and simulate the situation to start a business in the trend of sharing economy. Many platforms such as (Uber), (Airbnb) and (Zipcar) all of it operates in sharing economy. There are three roles involved in the platform. It is the service provider, service receiver and platform respectively. I have an idea to establish a platform to cooperate with logistics and online shopping mall, provide a service to customers. First step, when the user completes the application, they will become a deliverer and receive a mission from our platform to pick up the parcel in logistics center. Deliverer can use their own car to assist the mission and deliver the parcel to the destination it means our customers. However, deliverer will gain profit after complete the mission. If we can implement the idea successfully it can accelerate the speed of delivery, efficiency of delivery and alleviate the problems of redundancy in a vehicle.

Now I feel I am ready to take my path to the next level. The courses offered in this program are specifically in line with my professional goals. Additionally, studying abroad provides a great grounding in which to further experience diverse cultures and exchange knowledge. I am certain that the knowledge and skills learned from my professional experience and postgraduate degree would make me a valuable student in the Master of science in Business Administration, offered at the University of Padua.

Thank you in advance for considering my application.

Yours Truly,

XXXX XXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The first sentence is good. As for the second, isn't it "master's degree"? Finally, "I hope to able to" is not good English.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Do you still need help with that letter?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is the course in Padua taught in English? If not, your letter should probably be in Italian.

Status
Not open for further replies.