Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Just Joined
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • Zambia
      • Current Location:
      • Zambia

    • Join Date: Dec 2019
    • Posts: 1
    #1

    Effective way of learning English for work

    Hello, what is the most effective way of learning English for work?? Your quick response will be highly appreciated

  2. emsr2d2's Avatar
    Moderator
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 57,462
    #2

    Re: Effective way of learning English for work

    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham m View Post
    Hello. What is the most effective way of learning English for work? Your quick response will be highly appreciated.
    Welcome to the forum.

    Note my corrections and changes above.

    There is no quick way to learn a language. As far as work-related language is concerned, it depends on what your job is. If you work in a highly technical area, you would need an expert in the same area to effectively teach you properly.

    Please don't try to hurry us up! We are all volunteers and we respond in our own time.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

  3. Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 71,562
    #3

    Re: Effective way of learning English for work

    What is your field of work?

  4. Tarheel's Avatar
    VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Jun 2014
    • Posts: 21,211
    #4

    Re: Effective way of learning English for work

    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham m View Post
    Hello, what is the most effective way of learning English for work??
    Well, you did a good job with that question (except for the extra question mark). However, I doubt that your native language is American English.

    Last edited by GoesStation; 27-Dec-2019 at 20:16. Reason: Question, not exclamation.
    Not a professional teacher

  5. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Algeria
      • Current Location:
      • Algeria

    • Join Date: Dec 2019
    • Posts: 2
    #5

    Re: Effective way of learning English for work

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

    Note my corrections and changes above.

    There is no quick way to learn a language. As far as work-related language is concerned, it depends on what your job is. If you work in a highly technical area, you would need an expert in the same area to effectively teach you properly.

    Please don't try to hurry us up! We are all volunteers and we respond in our own time.
    This is exactly why i'm scared to post a comment

  6. Tarheel's Avatar
    VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Jun 2014
    • Posts: 21,211
    #6

    Re: Effective way of learning English for work

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleurrose View Post
    This is exactly why i'm scared to post a comment
    There's nothing to be afraid of.


    (Somebody please edit my post (#4). I can't do it anymore.)
    Not a professional teacher

  7. emsr2d2's Avatar
    Moderator
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 57,462
    #7

    Re: Effective way of learning English for work

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleurrose View Post
    This is exactly why I'm scared to post a comment.
    I have no idea what part of my response has resulted in your being scared to comment!
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

  8. Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 71,562
    #8

    Re: Effective way of learning English for work

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleurrose View Post
    This is exactly why i'm scared to post a comment
    Post away, and ask away- forums run on questions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •