Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Netherlands
I have to write a motivation letter for university application. I really appreciate it if somebody review my letter. Thank you very much!

Dear XXX Admissions Committee,

I am writing to apply for the Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science program at xxx. The program will give me the chance to deepen my knowledge and widen my perspective. In this motivational essay, I would like to highlight how my educational background and personal characteristics make me an ideal candidate for this undergraduate program.

I am currently finishing my last year of international baccalaureate program at International Boarding school Eerde. Throughout my high school I have been passionate about the natural sciences, and in the IBDP I am taking chemistry, physics and mathematics at Higher Level, demonstrating my enthusiasm for science and my desire to challenge myself. I also chose to write my extended essay, a 4000 words independent research project, in Chemistry, further highlighting my zeal for scientific endeavours. I decided to do the experiment of my research at the University of Groningen, which was a great opportunity for me to explore my talents and improve my skills in laboratory.Thanks to my hard work, commitment and passion, I was able to do my experiment and face all the difficulties. Every moment I spend in the lab, I understood even more how much I’m passionate about working in the lab and why I want to become a pharmacist.

I would also be an ideal candidate for this program because of my work ethic and dedication. I am a boarding student at Eerde, and at first I had many difficulties with English and the nature of the International Baccalaureate program, as it was so different from the educational system in Iran, my home country. However, I never gave up on my dream of succeeding, and through hard work I was able to overcome my difficulties and be engaged in conceptual learning. Over the past year and a half, I have grown a lot as a person and as a student. I’ve learnt how to accept different perspectives and communicate my ideas with confidence, and I’ve also learnt that diligence and hard work pay off. These are the lessons I will take with me to university, and which will set me in good stead.

I believe studying this undergraduate program will help me to build on my previous knowledge and develop my talent. I feel pharmacy will always be important for people everywhere on the planet. Moreover, it will challenge me and give me future opportunities to help others. To achieve my goals, appropriate education is needed, and I believe your university would give me the required academic preparation and practical experiences. To obtain a degree from a Dutch institution will be an honour and if given that chance, I will do my best to succeed.

In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that I am extremely enthusiastic about the Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science at University College Utrecht, and believe I would be a great asset to the College should I gain acceptance.
Thank you very much for considering my application.

Yours faithfully,

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
This might be a bit late, but do you still need help with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.