• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Purpose of forum

Is this forum primarily or solely for ESP folks? I am a native English speaker, but periodically have a question about grammar or usage. It is appropriate for me to use this forum for that purpose? And, if so, which section is the most appropriate?

As I was trying to post this question, I have been asked 4-5 times to enter a new captcha string. If this is going to happen every time I post a question and even every time I click on Preview, then this forum will not work for me.

2. Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Re: Purpose of forum

We have a few things at the start to try to reduce spam. Beyond that, we talk about language, and we have native speakers who have questions. Welcome to the forum.

3. Moderator
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Purpose of forum

Welcome to the forum. Although most questions here are from ESL learners, there's plenty of room for questions from native speakers. You'll probably want to post either in Ask a Teacher or General Language Discussion.

The forum will stop bugging you with captchas, and will open up additional features including private messages and signature lines, after your tenth post. Remember to include "Not a teacher" in any replies you post; you can add this to your signature line once you gain access to that feature.
    I am not a teacher.