Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
[FONT=&#48148]The climate change has affected/influenced Koreans' dietary life/food life. With sea temperature rising, fishery resources have also changed. Pollacks and squids are Koreans' favorite fish, but we have to import them from Russia or Japan because they are moving north to find cooler sea.[/FONT]

Are the underlined correct?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]The[/STRIKE] Climate change has affected/influenced Koreans' [STRIKE]dietary life/food life[/STRIKE] diet. With sea temperatures rising, fishery resources have also changed. [STRIKE]Pollacks[/STRIKE] Pollack and [STRIKE]squids[/STRIKE] squid are Koreans' favorite fish, but we have to import them from Russia or Japan because they are moving north to find cooler seas.

See above. I removed the underlining because it was getting confusing - most of my corrections are to other parts. I don't know what you mean by "fishery resources".

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
How about:
With sea temperatures rising, the surrounding marine life which is a source of food, is much reduced/getting scarce.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
See above. I removed the underlining because it was getting confusing - most of my corrections are to other parts. I don't know what you mean by "fishery resources".

1.Why do you omit "the" when it's specific?
2.Why can't "dietary life/food life" work?
3.Why are these singular when plural forms of nouns are normally used to show generalization?
Pollacks Pollack and squids squid

Status
Not open for further replies.