Member Type
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hello all :)

I'd like to ask you about the meaning of "prints" in this particular context. What does it mean? Thank you very much!

- After compact automatic cameras became available I took a lot of snaps, particularly when my daughter was young. This was a habit I kept up until fairly recently. I used to put them lovingly in albums, until I saw a TV- programme which pointed out that those clingfilm-style albums are terrible for the prints.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello all.
Hello. :)
Please note the correct punctuation and only use emoticons provided by the system.

I'd like to ask you about the meaning of "prints" in this particular context. What does it mean? Thank you very much!

- After compact automatic cameras became available, I took a lot of snaps, particularly when my daughter was young. This was a habit I kept up until fairly recently. I used to put them lovingly in albums, until I saw a TV- programme which pointed out that those clingfilm-style albums are terrible for the prints.

It means the photos in physical (print, not digital) form. Before the invention of digital cameras, photos were usually printed on gloss/matte paper.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
[STRIKE]Hello all :)[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Just go ahead and ask your question (and please stop using a home-made smiley to replace a standard punctuation mark).

I'd like to ask you about the meaning of "prints" in this particular context. What context? please tell us the source and author.

Click here and look up print (n). (Bookmark the site for future reference.)

(Cross-posted)

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Click here and look up print (n). (Bookmark the site for future reference.)

(Cross-posted)

You've discovered the missing link! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.