Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
[FONT=&#48148] How to shop has changed as well. In the past, we had to visit a store or a supermarket to buy goods, but now we can buy goods in/on/at online stores. In the beginning, online stores usually sold non-spoiled/non-ruined things like clothes, electric devices, etc during delivery. Recently, advanced distribution system can deliver goods within 24 hours. Online markets can deliver at dawn, so we can receive fresh groceries in the morning.

Are the underlined correct?[/FONT]

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
How [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] we shop has changed as well. In the past, we had to visit a store or a supermarket to buy goods, but now we can buy goods [STRIKE]in/on/[/STRIKE] at online stores. [STRIKE]In the beginning[/STRIKE] Originally, online stores [STRIKE]usually[/STRIKE] mostly sold [STRIKE]non-spoiled/non-ruined[/STRIKE] non-perishable things like clothes, electrical devices, etc. [STRIKE]during delivery.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Recently[/STRIKE] These days/Nowadays, advanced distribution systems can deliver goods within 24 hours. Online markets can deliver at dawn, so we can receive fresh groceries in the morning.

See above.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
See above.

I think non-perishable is limited to foods, so undamaged or uncrumpled would be better in my humble opinion.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
None of your suggestions (non-spoiled, non-ruined, undamaged and uncrumpled) work. You want a word that ends "-able". You're not talking about things that have already had something happen to them (that's what your four suggestions mean). You want to talk about things that won't suffer something while in transit.

I think you're right that non-perishable only refers to foods. Perhaps "undamageable" (although I've never seen it) would work.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

nonfood items

Also, you can say people buy things online. You don't need to say online stores.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
None of your suggestions (non-spoiled, non-ruined, undamaged and uncrumpled) work. You want a word that ends "-able". You're not talking about things that have already had something happen to them (that's what your four suggestions mean). You want to talk about things that won't suffer something while in transit.

I think you're right that non-perishable only refers to foods. Perhaps "undamageable" (although I've never seen it) would work.

If that is the case, I would say "things free from damage".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
That means the same thing as undamaged.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"undamaged" doesn't work. That still means that they have not been damaged before they are sent out. That's a totally different idea from items that cannot be damaged while they are in transit.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
How about "non-fragile items"? Items not prone to damage during transit? Unbreakable? Hardy?

It is "delivery system", not "distribution system".

And "online vendors", not "online market".

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
How about "non-fragile items"? Items not prone to damage during transit? Unbreakable? Hardy?

It is "delivery system", not "distribution system".

And "online vendors", not "online market".

I'm sorry I've found that the following is what I originally intended to say.
non-perishable things

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
That works for me.