Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Good afternoon dears.. I am so happy that I've found this site, which hopefully I think will help me with my study. I would be so thankful if someone corrects mistakes of my cover letter and give general ideas to improve my letter. Thaks for all in advance.

I am writing to express my enormous ambition to apply for Erasmus Mundus Joint Master's Degree in 'Technology for Translation and Interpreting' to be started on 21 September, 2020. Having the passion to languages, the 4-years experience in teaching English, excellent GPA as well as proficient knowledge of Uzbek, Russian, Turkish and English languages, make me to believe strongly that I could be one of the real candidates for the scholarship of the most prestigious programs.

Although I am graduating 'Andijan State University', which is not very famous in the world, I am convinced that this is the place where everyone can benefit a lot studying here.
During my study years I have been
trying to get as much profits as I can from lectures and seminars, teachers and groupmates. As I was chosen as a captain for our group at the beginning of the 1st course
my leadership skills and ability to work as a team have been tremendously developed. Besides that I have won the award 'The Best Volunteer' of our University several times for my contribution to Volunteering System by volunteering as a guide for tourists in summer. With being very active in organisational sides I have never forgotten about the study, which is proven by my academic achievements, especially high rate of GPA 3.5.

Also, in harmony with my 'student life' I have been teaching English and Russian for 4 years as a part time. This is namely because I have an infinite love for languages. I have been always wondering why there is no any word to call 'back side of knee' or why in the era of technology we still face problems with translation of complicated sentences online. All these facts assembled and generated initiative inside me to continue my study more deeper namely in the area of translation. Therefore after searching and analyzing all Master Degrees suitable for me, I came to conclude that the only Program created 'for me' is here and there are several reasons of my choice:
1. Variety in education.
The University of Wolverhampton, New Bulgarian University and Universidad de Málaga...I am very curious to know all about the life, food and customs of other cultures. Sudying in 3 different Universities and in 3 different countries will amazingly boost general knowledge about European culture and give great chances to make new friends.
2. Language environment.
Personally for me translators do not translate from language to language but from culture to culture. What I mean by this is that in order to translate effectively translators should not translate word by word but logically depending on the context. So, the best way to feel this context is living in language environment.
3. Relevant scholarship.
It is an amazing, fascinating and super opportunity for everyone to focus only on study. Especially those who has financial problems like me, will not worry about how to provide themselves during the study years, and study hardly for the sake of human-being.

Thus, if you find me as a suitable candidate for the scholarship I would really appreciate it and use every split second to improve myself. So, after coming back home I would be so happy to contribute to the improvement of education system of Translations and Interpreting, which is not very developed in my country at the moment.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Good afternoon. [STRIKE]dears..[/STRIKE]

I am so happy that I've found this site, which hopefully [STRIKE]I think[/STRIKE] will help me with my study. I would be so thankful if someone [STRIKE]corrects[/STRIKE] would correct any mistakes [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in my cover letter and give me some general ideas on how to improve my letter.

Thanks [STRIKE]for all[/STRIKE] in advance.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections to the opening part of your post. I don't have time at the moment to look at your covering letter but I'm sure someone will have time soon.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Were you given any guidelines about what areas to cover and how many words to write? Also, what's the application deadline?

akbariy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Thank you very much for your respond. Shame on me��... I have so many mistakes only in a few sentences..

I tried to connect with the coordinator of the program, I wrote an email, but they havent answered yet, so I wasn't given any advices. And there is no any kind of information on the site about subjects which will be taught there.
Deadline is the 10th of February.

I would be so thankful if someone would give general advices about my cover letter. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I am writing to express my [STRIKE] enormous [/STRIKE] great ambition to apply for the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master's Degree in Technology for Translation and Interpreting[STRIKE] to be started [/STRIKE] starting on 21 September, 2020. [STRIKE] Having the [/STRIKE] I have a genuine passion [STRIKE] to [/STRIKE] for languages, [STRIKE] the [/STRIKE] and my 4-years’ experience in teaching English, excellent GPA as well as proficient knowledge of Uzbek, Russian, Turkish and English [STRIKE] languages, [/STRIKE] make me [STRIKE] to[/STRIKE] believe strongly that I [STRIKE] could be one of the real [/STRIKE] am a suitable candidates for [STRIKE] the [/STRIKE] this scholarship of one of the most prestigious programs.

[STRIKE] Although I am graduating 'Andijan State University', which is not very famous in the world, I am convinced that this is the place where everyone can benefit a lot studying here. [/STRIKE]
During my study years at Andijan State University, I have been trying to [STRIKE] get [/STRIKE] gain as much [STRIKE] profits [/STRIKE] knowledge as I can from lectures and seminars, teachers and group mates. As I was chosen as captain for our group at the beginning of the [STRIKE] 1st [/STRIKE] first course, my leadership skills and ability to work [STRIKE] as [/STRIKE] within a team [STRIKE] have been [/STRIKE] tremendously developed. Besides that, I [STRIKE] have [/STRIKE] won the [STRIKE] award 'The [/STRIKE] Best Volunteer award [STRIKE] of our [/STRIKE] in my university several times for my [STRIKE] contribution to Volunteering System by [/STRIKE] volunteering as a guide for tourists in the summer. [STRIKE] With being very active in organisational sides [/STRIKE] Nevertheless, I have never forgotten about my studies despite my commitments to those extracurricular activities, [STRIKE] the study, [/STRIKE] which is proven by my academic achievements, especially the high [STRIKE] rate of [/STRIKE] GPA of 3.5.

Also, [STRIKE] in harmony with my 'student life' [/STRIKE] to earn some income while studying, I have been teaching English and Russian for the past four years, [STRIKE] as a [/STRIKE] part time. This is [STRIKE] namely [/STRIKE] basically because I have an infinite love for languages. I have [STRIKE] been [/STRIKE] always been fascinated with things linguistic and as a child, I would wonder [STRIKE] ing [/STRIKE] why there is no [STRIKE] any [/STRIKE] word [STRIKE] to call [/STRIKE] for the back [STRIKE] side [/STRIKE] of the knee or why in the era of technology we still face problems with [STRIKE] translation of [/STRIKE] translating complicated sentences online. All [STRIKE] these facts assembled and [/STRIKE] that has generated [STRIKE] initiative [/STRIKE] a fervent eagerness inside me to continue my study [STRIKE] more deeper namely [/STRIKE] in the area of translation. Therefore, after researching and analyzing all the master’s degrees suitable for me, I came to conclude that [STRIKE] the only Program created 'for me' is here [/STRIKE] your program is ideal, and there are several reasons [STRIKE] of [/STRIKE] for my choice:

1. Variety in education.
[STRIKE] The University of Wolverhampton, New Bulgarian University and Universidad de Málaga... [/STRIKE] I am very curious to know all about the life, food and customs of other cultures. Studying in three different universities, The University of Wolverhampton, New Bulgarian University and Universidad de Málaga, and in three different countries will [STRIKE] amazingly boost [/STRIKE] tremendously enrich my[STRIKE] general [/STRIKE] knowledge [STRIKE] about [/STRIKE] of European culture and diversity and give me great chances to make new friends.

2. Language environment.
I personally [STRIKE] for me [/STRIKE] believe that translators do not translate from language to language but from culture to culture. What I mean by this is that in order to translate effectively, translators should not translate word [STRIKE] by [/STRIKE] for word literally, but they should translate contextually. [STRIKE] logically depending on the context. So, [/STRIKE] To me, the best way to get a concrete feel for this context is living in the language environment.

3. Relevant scholarship.
[STRIKE] It [/STRIKE] This scholarship program is an amazing, fascinating and superb opportunity for everyone to focus only on study, and especially those who [STRIKE] has [/STRIKE] have financial [STRIKE] problems [/STRIKE] constraints like me will not worry about how to provide for themselves during the study years. [STRIKE] and study hardly for the sake of human-being. [/STRIKE]

[STRIKE] Thus, [/STRIKE] I thank you for considering my application and conclude by saying that if you find me [strike]as[/strike] a suitable candidate for the scholarship, I would really appreciate it and use every [STRIKE] split second [/STRIKE] precious moment of the program to improve myself. [STRIKE] So, after coming back [/STRIKE] After I graduate and return home, I would [STRIKE] be so happy to [/STRIKE] focus on contributing to the improvement of the education system in my country as well as the standard of translating and interpreting. [STRIKE] , which is not very developed in my country at the moment. [/STRIKE]

Last edited by a moderator:

akbariy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Thank you so much. But what about my cover letter generally?? Don't you think that I should add something else?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
That's why I asked you if you had guidelines. Tidy it up and see what the word count is now, and let's see if you get a reply from them to your email. If you have any special achievements, you can add those.

Status
Not open for further replies.