Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello again,

Complicated, requiring special qualifications, renovation works related to the installation of apparatus for purifying a gas, become, next to traditional renovation works, a specialty of the shipyard "Anders".

That is what Google has to say about the aforementioned matter.

I tried to express it differently.

Attempt 1.

In addition to traditional work, complicated work related to installing apparatus for purifying a gas is becoming a specialty of shipyard "Anders". The work requires having special qualifications. (not very good expression of the thought).

Attempt 2.

I would like to split the whole long sentence in two.
Besides carrying out traditional work, shipyard "Anders" is now also becoming quite an expert at performing complicated repair work related to installing apparatus for purifying a gas. The latter, however, requires having qualifications/skills.

Attempt 3.

Not abandoning/giving up traditional work, shipyard "Anders" is now also switching over to the complicated repair work related to installing apparatus for purifying a gas. The latter, however, requires having qualifications/skills.

Attempt 4.

In addition to traditional work, shipyard "Anders" is now also becoming more and more skillful in performing complicated repair work related to installing apparatus for purifying a gas. The latter, however, requires having qualifications/skills.

What do you think of my attempts?

The "latter" refers to the complicated repair work related to installing apparatus for purifying a gas, of course.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I like #4 best. Also, I would say:

That (installing the apparatus) requires special skills.

Also, I would say:

the Anders shipyard

JACEK1

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
J

J&K Tutoring

Anders shipyard, long known for maintenance, renovation, and repair, is (are) expanding its (their) capabilities to include more specialized work, such as the installation of gas purifying equipment.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
A gas purifier/gas purifiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.