Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What is your academic goal? What actions are taking to improve your academic standing for current and future terms?

My name is Yvette Hernandez and I am 24 years old going to be 25 years old on February 16. I
am a married, have two kids, and work in a high school. There ages are 1-year-old and a 2-year-old. I am in my last semester for my major that is Computer ScienceInformation Systems- Network & Security Option. I would like to transfer to CSUMB, but I will take one class this semester and hopefully if they have the lab during summer, I will take it. I know it took me a long time to finish my major,but it is hard being a wife, an employee, and being a mother. I came back to school to finish my Associates Degree and show my children that if they want a successfulfuture there is a lot of obstaclesto get there. Showing them that I will finish college with an Associate Degree and still go to a university to get my master's degree. This will show them that I never gave up for my future and for them. I want them to be proud of me and want to be their role model.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
What is your academic goal? What actions are you taking to improve your academic standing for current and future terms?

My name is Yvette Hernande
z, and I am 24 years old. [STRIKE]going to be 25 years old on February 16.[/STRIKE] I am married, have two young kids, and I work in a high school. [STRIKE]There ages are 1[/STRIKE][STRIKE]-year-old and a 2-year-old.[/STRIKE] I am in my last semester for my major, [STRIKE]that is[/STRIKE] Computer Science Information Systems- Network & Security Option. I would like to transfer to CSUMB, but I will take one class this semester and hopefully if they have the lab during summer, I will take it. I [STRIKE]know it took[/STRIKE] realize that it has taken me a little longer [STRIKE]time[/STRIKE] to finish my major, but it is hard being a wife, an employee, and [STRIKE]being[/STRIKE] a mother all at once. I came back to school to finish my Associates Degree and show my children that if they want a successful future, [STRIKE]there is a lot of [/STRIKE] they have to negotiate several obstacles to achieve that. [STRIKE]get there. [/STRIKE][STRIKE] Showing[/STRIKE]I am determined to show them that I will finish college with an Associate Degree and still go to university to get my master's degree. I believe this will [STRIKE]show[/STRIKE] inspire [STRIKE]that I never gave up [/STRIKE][STRIKE]for my future and for them. I want[/STRIKE]them to be successful in future and will make them proud of me [STRIKE]and want to be[/STRIKE] as their role model.
Hi Yvette, and welcome. :)
When do you have to submit the above?

Status
Not open for further replies.