Student or Learner
Native Language
Swahili
Home Country
Tanzania
Current Location
Netherlands
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and i'm not a native English speaker. I want to apply for a Master's program. The motivation letter should contain; describing what you would like to learn an research at the university. Why would you like to study the program there, how does it fit you future career plans and why are you suited for this programme.I think it will cover all, but its always better to get a second opinion. Also my grammar/spelling could be optimized. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance.

--
With this letter, I want to apply to the Master’s specialization Accounting and Control at XXX for the XXXX September intake. I have graduated at the xxxx and hold a Bachelor degree in accountancy. With the Master program I want to increase my knowledge in accounting at your university for my future career as an accountant.

I am from xxx and I recently moved to xxxx, residing with my husband in xxxx. XX University is the number one option to start my academic career in accountancy, as I value the opportunity as an international to develop myself and enhance my intercultural competence. This program is a step towards my future career as an accountant who understands the financial administration, advices and supports entrepreneurs and indicate reliable financial statements by transforming data into information. Another practical consideration is the lack of travel distance, so that it would give me more time to interact with other students and also study XXXX language.

I will be a good fit for the program, because of my perseverance which I showed in my education and personal life. I am a highly motivated student as I graduated the Bachelor (3 years) in upper second class with 3.7 GPA. I studied the theoretical basics of accountancy following specialized courses, mentioned in my course list. I acquired essential skills in analytical thinking, corporate business communication and accounting, among other things. I have developed a keen interest for entrepreneurship and starting small business. In personal life I did conquer challenges to get a visa and immigrate to a foreign country in which you can’t speak the language or know anyone. I faced problems and found solutions. Hence, I credit my adaptive skills. These skills are needed in collaboration with others.

After studying this Master I want to work as an accountant, whether as xxxxx is yet to be determined. I assume that the master also contributes to my choice. My education enhances me to make a strong contribution to the university. I’m excited to achieve academic excellence as a student at the XXX University. Thank you for your consideration, I’m looking forward to hear from you.

Yours Sincerely

---
Again, thanks for helping me. Hope to hear from you.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi, and welcome to the forum. :)
What's the application deadline for this program?

Another practical consideration is the lack of travel distance,
That's not an important reason. Try to rephrase that sentence.

PacotjeEng

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Swahili
Home Country
Tanzania
Current Location
Netherlands
Hi, and welcome to the forum. :)
What's the application deadline for this program?

Thank you again, it's the 1th of April.

I think 'it is more convenient/suitable to study in the place where you live' or is this by all means not important.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thank you again. It's the 1st of April.
That gives you plenty of time to prepare a convincing application.

I think 'it is more convenient/suitable to study in the place where you live' or is this by all means not important.
We should be able to incorporate it in your letter, but can you think of other, more relevant/compelling reasons?

Were you given any guidelines about how many words to write or what areas to cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.