Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
I'm practicing various topics.

Sale

* I'd like to give you a situation and ask you to act it out. There is going to be a sale at one of you favorite shops. You want to know more about the sale. Call the shop and ask three or four questions to find out everything you can about the sale.

Hi, I want to know about the sale for next week.
How long will the sale go? How long is the sale period?
Is it about a week or about a month?
Do all the items have the same sale rate or is it different depending on items?
- Like some items with 20% and other items with 30%, are they all different?
My last question is if brand new items will be on sale as well.
Some brand new shoes are so nice, so I want to buy them on sale.
==================================
If there's some mistakes in the answer, please let me know.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm practicing various topics.

Sale
* I'd like to give you a situation and ask you to act it out. There is going to be a sale at one of your favorite shops. You want to know more about the sale. Call the shop and ask three or four questions to find out everything you can about the sale.

Hi, [STRIKE]I want to know[/STRIKE] I'd like some information about the sale [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] next week.

How long will the sale go on for?

[STRIKE]How long is the sale period?[/STRIKE] Unnatural.

Is it about a week or about a month? Grammatically correct but very unlikely. Why would someone choose two random periods of time, rather than just ask how long the sale goes on for?

Do all the items have the same [STRIKE]sale rate[/STRIKE] discount? [STRIKE]or is it different depending on items?[/STRIKE] The second part is unnecessary.

[STRIKE]Like some items with 20% and other items with 30%, are they all different?[/STRIKE] Ungrammatical and unnecessary. It's covered by the previous question.

[STRIKE]My last question is if[/STRIKE] Finally, will brand new items will be on sale as well?

Some brand new shoes are [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] very nice, so I want to buy them on sale.

==================================

If [STRIKE]there's some[/STRIKE] there are any mistakes in the answer, please let me know.

See above.

You need to rephrase the final line. If you really want us to just let you know if there are any mistakes, we could just answer "Yes, there are". That won't help you. You need to ask us to correct them.

Status
Not open for further replies.