Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello everyone!

I am writing letter to univercity in order to receive information. I am not proficient in English for now, and I'd be very grateful if you help me correct mistakes. Thank you!

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to request more information about data science master’s degree in Harvard University.

I am 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] –year student from @University_name. Next year I am planning to complete Bachelor degree in intellectual data analysis. Could you please indicate which prerequisites are required for the master’s degree in data science for international students? Should I provide curriculum, certificates of knowledge of English, science papers or something else?

Thank you for your kind consideration, and I look forward to receiving your response.
Yours faithfully,
@Name

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello everyone.

I am writing a letter to university in order to [STRIKE]receive[/STRIKE] request some information. I am not proficient in English [STRIKE]for now[/STRIKE] at the moment, and I'd be very grateful if you would help me by correcting any mistakes.

[STRIKE]Thank you.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the Thank button.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to request more information about the Data Science master’s degree [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at Harvard University.

I am a [strike]3rd[/strike] third–year student [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] at [STRIKE]@University_name[/STRIKE] [name of university].

Next year I am planning to complete my Bachelor's degree in Intellectual Data Analysis. Could you please [STRIKE]indicate which[/STRIKE] advise me of the [STRIKE]prerequisites are required for[/STRIKE] the requirements to study for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a master’s degree in Data Science for international students?

[STRIKE]Should I provide curriculum, certificates of knowledge of English, science papers or something else?[/STRIKE] What documents would you need me to provide?

Thank you for your [STRIKE]kind[/STRIKE] consideration, and I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours faithfully,
[STRIKE]@Name[/STRIKE] [My name]

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please see my suggested changes and corrections above.

Nerkan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
In my opinion it looks some rude to go straightforward to such question. Will it be appropriately to add something like " Is there an opportunity for me to enter your University?" before the question about documents?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
In my opinion, it looks somewhat rude to go [STRIKE]straightforward[/STRIKE] straight to such a question. [STRIKE]Will[/STRIKE] Would it be [STRIKE]appropriately[/STRIKE] appropriate to add something like "Is there an opportunity for me to enter your university?" before the question about documents?

See my corrections above.

It's not rude at all. The people who read these emails/letters are very busy so the sooner you get to the point the better. Don't waffle. Tell them exactly what you need to know. I don't know what you mean by "Is there an opportunity for me to enter your university?" Are you asking if they have any spaces on that course? Are you asking if, on the basis of your message, you stand any chance of being accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.