• Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Red face Inquiring about the accuracy of email content

Dear all,
    I want to sent an email to graduate department to ask about an issue. I wonder to know is the below email text true and formal?

" Dear Dr. ......I am writing to inquire about approaching faculty members for graduate supervision in the ........ Department.
    Concerning the process of applying to ..... University, I've introduced Professor ........ as my favorite supervisor in my SOP since we have mutual interests. I've sent an email to Professor ....... before and after applying process but my email hasn't opened yet and I'm not sure about Professor's decision about choosing me as one of the candidates who eager to be supervised by her. Therefore, I wonder to know that should I email other professors since I have little time for matching with a supervisor or I should wait for Professor ...'s decision first?

Thank you in advance for your attention to my request. I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours sincerely, "
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 19-Feb-2020 at 21:37. Reason: Changed font to black across the entire post

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Inquiring about the accuracy of email content

Quote Originally Posted by Shadi View Post
    Dear all,

I want to sent an email to a/the graduate department to ask about an issue. I wonder to know Is the below email below text true correct and formal?

" Dear Dr. XXX

I am writing to inquire about approaching faculty members for graduate supervision in the XXX Department.

Concerning the process of applying to XXX University, I've introduced Professor XXX as my favorite supervisor in my SOP since we have mutual interests. I've sent an email to I have emailed Professor XXX before and after applying the application process but my email hasn't been opened yet and I'm not sure about if Professor XXX decision about choosing will choose me as one of the a candidates candidate who eager to be supervised by her supervise.

Therefore, I wonder to know that should if I should email other professors since as/because I have little time left for matching to match with a supervisor or if I should wait for Professor XXX's decision first?

Thank you in advance for your attention. to my request.

I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours sincerely, "
    See above. It's not particularly formal.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.