Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes? This text is just an exercise.

Whenever Gina had a row with her husband, she would run for fear of beating to her friend, Linda. After a couple of months, Linda was tired of giving her shelter because she lived in a little flat and had small children who needed all her attention. She had no wish to involve herself in Gina's matrimonial problems and suggested she should apply for a divorce before her husband caused her more harm. "Every day at least one woman is killed in this country by her partner, and it should be unnecessary if you would be one of them," Linda said. "Don't you see that your marriage have no future?"

Gina glared at her as if Linda had insulted her before saying, "I come to you hopping you are going to understand and support me, and not to be preached to. I still love Stephen. True, we have our arguments but that is part of every marriage, isn't it?"
Linda shrugged. "I don't know what to say. Don't you see you live in denial? Who gave you those bruises on your arms and legs? I just don't want to go to your funeral one day and read the article about your murder in the newspaper. Honestly, I wouldn't touch that man for all the gold in the world."

Gina dropped her head into her hands and started crying. "I know you're right, but I never liked anyone like I like him," she said. "We've known one another for ten years. I don't want to hurt either of us."
"As you wish, sister," Linda said. "But many of those murdered women loved their men just as you do, and look where they're now."

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

Whenever Gina had a row with her husband she ran to her friend Linda's place for fear of being beaten.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would break the next sentence into two. Perhaps:

After a couple of months Linda grew tired of giving her shelter every little bit. After all, she lived in a little flat with two small children who needed her attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.