Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Are there any grammar errors in these sentences? I am helping a friend to write this email to her boss.

I plan to resign from work end of this year due to my surgery and then vacation plan to visit my relatives. I hope to take a break of about three to four months and then return to the workforce. Please keep my surgery matter confidential.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Are there any grammar errors in these sentences? I am helping a friend to write this email to her boss.

I plan to resign [STRIKE]from work[/STRIKE] at the end of this year [STRIKE]due to my[/STRIKE] because I have to have surgery and then I plan to have a vacation [STRIKE]plan[/STRIKE] to visit my relatives.

I hope to take a break of about three to four months and then return to the workforce.

Please keep the matter of my surgery [STRIKE]matter[/STRIKE] confidential.

See above. It sounds less like resignation and more like she's asking for a period of extended compassionate/sick leave. If she resigns completely, she can't just choose to go back to her job in 3-4 months. Her post will probably be filled and she will no longer be an employee of the company.

However, if by "return to the workforce", she simply means that she plans to get another job, it's OK, but it won't be of any interest to her current boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.