• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

confidential

Are there any grammar errors in these sentences? I am helping a friend to write this email to her boss.

I plan to resign from work end of this year due to my surgery and then vacation plan to visit my relatives. I hope to take a break of about three to four months and then return to the workforce. Please keep my surgery matter confidential.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: confidential

Quote Originally Posted by ruth666 View Post
    Are there any grammar errors in these sentences? I am helping a friend to write this email to her boss.

I plan to resign from work at the end of this year due to my because I have to have surgery and then I plan to have a vacation plan to visit my relatives.

I hope to take a break of about three to four months and then return to the workforce.

Please keep the matter of my surgery matter confidential.
    See above. It sounds less like resignation and more like she's asking for a period of extended compassionate/sick leave. If she resigns completely, she can't just choose to go back to her job in 3-4 months. Her post will probably be filled and she will no longer be an employee of the company.

However, if by "return to the workforce", she simply means that she plans to get another job, it's OK, but it won't be of any interest to her current boss.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.