• Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • Bangladesh
      • Current Location:
      • Bangladesh

Lightbulb There are some girls out there

Please correct my grammatical mistakes in this paragraph--

There are some girls out there who always lead boys on to get them to propose them. But after proposing they refuse them by giving so many pretexts like - their parents won't accept those relationship,they will marry those guys off of their parents choice, they don't want relationship rather they prefer to be friend etc.Their target is to increase the number of propose. They brag themselves by comparing one another about how many proposes they got instead of feeling the broken heart of that guy who dreamed of such a romantic relationship that would feel other couple jealous.At the end of the day that refused guy consoles himself by saying that God plans are better than his dreams.Maybe their relationship won't continue well, Maybe she will dump him or cheat on him for another person etc. If any boy ever encounter these type of things, I am damn sure he will lose his faith on true love.

2. Moderator
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: There are some girls out there

"Propose" is a verb. The noun is proposal.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 18-Mar-2020 at 22:13. Reason: Made title match new original
    I am not a teacher.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by Dukul12345 View Post
    Please correct my grammatical mistakes in this paragraph--

There are some girls out there who always lead boys on to get them to propose to them.

But after proposing the proposal, they refuse, them by giving so on many pretexts, like such as claiming their parents won't accept those the relationship, they will prefer to marry those guys off a boy of their parents choice choosing, they don't want relationship rather they would prefer just to be friends etc.

Their target aim is to increase the number of propose proposals [they receive].

They brag themselves about it by comparing and compare one another about how many proposes proposals they got get, instead of feeling sympathising with the broken heart of that guy who dreamed of such a romantic relationship that would feel other couples would be jealous.

At the end of the day, that refused disappointed guy consoles himself by saying with the thought that God's plans are better than his dreams.

They think that maybe their the relationship won't continue well wouldn't have lasted, or maybe she will would have dumped him or cheated on him for another person etc.

If any boy ever encounters these this type of things thing/behaviour, I am damn sure he will lose his faith on in true love.
    Please see my corrections above. I have put each sentence on a separate line simply to make it easier to read. Note that, in your original, you failed to leave a space after a full stop several times.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • Bangladesh
      • Current Location:
      • Bangladesh

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Please see my corrections above. I have put each sentence on a separate line simply to make it easier to read. Note that, in your original, you failed to leave a space after a full stop several times.
    Thanks sir

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • Bangladesh
      • Current Location:
      • Bangladesh

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    They prefer to marry a boy of their parents choosing.
    Please explain me why you wrote choosing instead of choice because both of them are nouns and why didn't you put any apostrophe after the word parents.
    Last edited by Dukul12345; 18-Mar-2020 at 23:32.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Thanks. sir
    1. Please don't refer to users here as "sir". It is overly formal and suggests that you assume we are all male. We are not.
    2. There is no need to write a new post to thank anyone. Simply click on the "Thank" button. It saves time for everyone.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • Bangladesh
      • Current Location:
      • Bangladesh

Please explain me why you wrote choosing instead of choice because both of them are nouns and why didn't you put any apostrophe after the word parents.
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 19-Mar-2020 at 08:57. Reason: deleting unnecessary quote

8. Moderator
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Please explain me why you wrote "choosing" instead of "choice" because both of them are nouns. and Also, why didn't you put any an apostrophe after the word "parents"?
    I'm glad you noticed an apostrophe was missing and where it belonged. You're right.

See my corrections above. Always mark words you're asking about with quotation marks or by setting them in italics.
    I am not a teacher.

VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Please explain to me why you wrote "choosing" instead of "choice" because both of them are nouns, and why didn't you put an apostrophe after the word "parents".
    Hm. I would put an apostrophe after "parents".

Also, I would say: "She bragged to her friends ...."

(Cross posted.)
    Not a professional teacher

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I fully intended to put an apostrophe after "parents" - perhaps I was concentrating on changing "choice" to "choosing" and simply forgot to do it. I apologise for the confusion it caused and well done for spotting what was both your original error and my oversight.

I'm going to struggle to explain why I used "choosing", other than to say that, in BrE at least, "of one's own choosing" is almost a set phrase.

I want to marry a man of my own choosing.
    He is looking forward to his new job, where he can finally wear clothes of his own choosing.
    I would rather you went out with a boy of your parents' choosing.

"of one's own choice" just doesn't work there for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last