Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan

------------
Could you help me with the following four? I can't hear them very well.

1. At 0:24-0:25

CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo: I don’t believe in rules. Governor Andrew Cuomo, I appreciate you coming on this show. (Governor Andrew Cuomo: [...]) I love you; I’m proud of what you’re doing; I know you’re working hard for your state, but no matter how hard you’re working, there’s always time to call mom. She wants to hear from you. Just so you know.

2. At 0:39
CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo: [...] not what she said. She never said that.

3. At 0:59
CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo: Oh, I can hear. Politicians are very tricky, throw a word in there after the first time you said it, creates a lot of doubt. But I appreciate you clarifying.

4. At 1:16
Governor Andrew Cuomo: [...] You too [...].

---------------
(T
ranscript)

Governor Andrew Cuomo: "Curfew", I don’t like the word "curfew". Dad tried to have a curfew for me, I never got past the resentment. But I do believe you'll see more heightening if the numbers don't slow."

CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo: The least of your problems by the way. Your problems with the curfew — the least of your problems. Just so you know.

Governor Andrew Cuomo: Wow, I never — you violated the curfew all the time, caused much pain, but that’s a different story.

CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo: I don’t believe in rules. Governor Andrew Cuomo, I appreciate you coming on this show. (*1 Governor Andrew Cuomo: [...]) I love you; I’m proud of what you’re doing; I know you’re working hard for your state, but no matter how hard you’re working, there’s always time to call mom. She wants to hear from you. Just so you know.

Governor Andrew Cuomo: Yeah, I called mom. I called mom just before I came on this show. By the way, she said I was her favorite. Good news is, she said you were her second favorite — second favorite son, Christopher.

(*2) CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo: [...] not what she said. She never said that.

No, we both know neither of us are mom’s first or second favorite in the family, I can’t believe you’re lying to my audience; you’ve blown the credibility of the entire interview — I should have ended it before.

Governor Andrew Cuomo: Second favorite son. Listen to the words, listen to the words.

(*3)CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo: Oh, I can hear. Politicians are very tricky, throw a word in there after the first time you said it, creates a lot of doubt. But I appreciate you clarifying.

Governor Andrew Cuomo: Not me, not me, straight across the plate, straight across the plate.

CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo: Stay strong, stay for your people, and I appreciate you being here, and I love you brother.

(*4)Governor Andrew Cuomo: You too.

Last edited:

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1. At 0:24-0:25 "Thank you."
2. At 0:39 "That's not what she said. She never said that."
3. At 0:59 "Oh. I didn't hear."
4. At 1:16 "I appreciate your being here. I love you, bro."

kadioguy

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
4. At 1:16 "I appreciate your being here. I love you, bro."

I hear Governor Andrew Cuomo saying "You too" and the other saying something at the same time (at the very end of the video clip). Could you help me with that? :)

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I hear Governor Andrew Cuomo saying "You too" and the other saying something at the same time (at the very end of the video clip). Could you help me with that? :)
"All right." It's just a little exclamation meaning "We're done with our interview."

Status
Not open for further replies.