Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Topic:

You are duo to start a new job next week but you will not be able to because you have some problems.
Write a letter to your new employer. In your letter

• explain your situation
  • describe your problems
  • tell him/her when you think you can start.

Dear Mr. Tom,

I am writing this letter to inform you that I may not be able to participate to my new career on agreed due date because of some difficulties I have faced recently.

For your kind infrmation, unfortunately, I had a terrible accident three days ago. I was admitted to hospital immidiately after collision. I was unconscious untill today morning. As soon as become awake started to write to inform you about the problem.

Sadly, my legs both are broken very badly. They have been broken in four pieces. In addition, my head was hitted to steering wheel and windshield. Surgeon did four operation on both legs and head so far.

I am extremely sorry for the situation. Based on the doctors I will not be able to walk or work in next four months. I this regard, I would like to make a request to postpond the commence day for four mounths.

Your kind consideration would be highly appriciated.

Your sincerely,
John

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

You are due to start a new job next week, but because of a crisis you will not be able to start work at the scheduled time.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Crisis

The first sentence of your email should not be a demonstration of your English skills (or lack of them). Instead, get to the point! Try:

I won't be able to start my new job as scheduled because I was in a car accident, and I am in the hospital with two broken legs.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

My legs were broken in four places. In addition, my head hit the steering wheel and the windshield.

mahdi.safari

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I really appreciate your time and correction.
below is the revised letter: *Please also let me know if it is possible to get bond 8 in IELTS writing task 1 with this letter or it is too far from it?*

Dear Mr. Tom,

I am writing this letter to inform you that I will not be able to start my new job as scheduled because I was in a car accident, and I am in the hospital with two broken legs.

For your kind information, unfortunately, I had a terrible accident three days ago. I was admitted to hospital immediately after collision. I was unconscious until today morning. As soon as became awake started to write to inform you about the problem.

Sadly, my legs both are broken very badly. They were broken in four places. In addition, my head hit the steering wheel and the windshield. Surgeon did four operation on both legs and head so far.

I am extremely sorry for the situation. Based on the doctor's statements, I will not be able to walk or work in next four months. I this regard, I would like to make a request to postpone the commence day for four months.

Your kind consideration would be highly appreciated.

Your sincerely,
John

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
after the collision

this morning

As soon as I woke up my first priority was to tell you what happened.

Say:

I will not be able to walk (or work) for four months

Perhaps:

I would like to change my start date to ....

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Note that we don't address people as "Mr" and then their first name. You can use "Dear Tom" (although it's very informal) or "Dear Mr + surname".

Please note that your last two posts have been deleted. Don't write a new post to say "Thank you". You already clicked on the "Thank" button. That's enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.