Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Dukul12345's Avatar
    Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • Bangladesh
      • Current Location:
      • Bangladesh

    • Join Date: Feb 2020
    • Posts: 109
    #1

    Unhappy People now in this era think

    Please correct my mistakes----

    People now in this era think that being an atheist is a symbol of smartness. This guy is an absolute example of it. You need logic to prove that there is a creator cos you're an atheist but after giving you that logic or proof you aren't convinced coz it will decrease your smartness.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 24-Mar-2020 at 12:29. Reason: Standardised font in the quoted text.

  2. Raymott's Avatar
    VIP Member
    Academic
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 25,618
    #2

    Re: 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤

    People these days think that being an atheist is a symbol of smartness.* This guy is an example. You need logic to prove that there is a creator because you're an atheist but after giving that logic or proof you aren't convinced because it will decrease your smartness.

    *Do they?
    'coz' is not a word in English.
    "This guy is an example" doesn't seem to refer to anyone.
    I don't understand your uses of "you". Is it the same 'you' who is not convinced after given his own proof.
    The argument doesn't really work.
    Maybe you could clarify your meaning?

  3. Dukul12345's Avatar
    Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • Bangladesh
      • Current Location:
      • Bangladesh

    • Join Date: Feb 2020
    • Posts: 109
    #3

    Re: 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    Maybe you could clarify your meaning?
    I was just saying about an athiest guy who was not convinced after a preacher gave him some logic to prove the existence of God.I used "you" to refer that athiest guy.
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 29-Mar-2020 at 23:24. Reason: pruning lengthy quote

  4. emsr2d2's Avatar
    Moderator
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 55,423
    #4

    Re: 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤

    Did you write the original piece yourself?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

  5. Dukul12345's Avatar
    Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • Bangladesh
      • Current Location:
      • Bangladesh

    • Join Date: Feb 2020
    • Posts: 109
    #5

    Re: 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Did you write the original piece yourself?
    Yes. I just try to write something in English though I am not expert in it.

  6. emsr2d2's Avatar
    Moderator
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 55,423
    #6

    Re: 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤

    Quote Originally Posted by Dukul12345 View Post
    Yes. I just try to write something in English though I am not expert in it.
    Please stop reminding us that you are not "an expert at English". We get it. You're a learner. We know that. But you must learn to tell us in post #1 if you are quoting someone else's words or your own. Please remember to start with either:

    1. Please correct any mistakes in my writing below.
    2. Please correct any mistakes in the writing below. It is from [title of book] by [name of author].
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

  7. emsr2d2's Avatar
    Moderator
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 55,423
    #7

    Re: People now in this era think

    Quote Originally Posted by Dukul12345 View Post
    Please correct my mistakes.

    People now in this era These days, people think that being an atheist is a symbol of smartness intelligence.

    This guy is an absolute a perfect example of it this/that.

    You need logic to prove that there is a creator cos because you're an atheist but, after giving you being given that logic or proof, you aren't are still not convinced coz because it will decrease your smartness make you seem less intelligent.
    See above. I've made it all grammatically correct. I don't agree with a single word of it but that's irrelevant, I suppose. You might want to be careful who you say/write this to.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

  8. Dukul12345's Avatar
    Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • Bangladesh
      • Current Location:
      • Bangladesh

    • Join Date: Feb 2020
    • Posts: 109
    #8

    Re: 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Please stop reminding us that you are not "an expert at English". We get it. You're a learner. We know that. But you must learn to tell us in post #1 if you are quoting someone else's words or your own. Please remember to start with either:

    1. Please correct any mistakes in my writing below.
    2. Please correct any mistakes in the writing below. It is from [title of book] by [name of author].
    Okay. I will certainly follow your advice next time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •