Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Please check for grammar errors in this paragraph. I am writing the below for my friend. Thank you.

I want to give you a heads up. I am waiting for a surgery date from the hospital. I was told the waiting period is about four to six months. Once the date is confirmed, I need two to three weeks to prepare for admission. My doctor said I would be off work for about six weeks after surgery. In view of this, I would like to request for two months off work. I have enjoyed working at your company for three years and wish to continue working there. I would be appreciative if you could approve my request. Please keep my surgery matter confidential Thank you.

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please check for grammar errors in this paragraph. I am writing the below for my friend. Thank you.

[STRIKE]I want to give you a heads up.[/STRIKE] This is a request for a leave of absence. I am waiting for a surgery date from the hospital. I was told the waiting period is about four to six months. Once the date is confirmed, I need two to three weeks to prepare for admission. My doctor said I would be off work for about six weeks after surgery. In view of this, I would like to request for two months [STRIKE]off[/STRIKE] leave from work. I have enjoyed working at your company for three years and wish to continue working there. I would be appreciative if you could approve my request. Please keep my surgery matter confidential Thank you.

Your opening is too informal. Otherwise it looks OK.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'd change "Please keep my surgery matter confidential" to "Please keep this matter/information confidential".

Status
Not open for further replies.