Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Please correct any mistakes in my writing.

When Switzerland, known as the shrine of the pharmaceutical industry; Germany, the center of the manufacturing of capital intensive or scientific equipment ; China, the production floor of raw material for industries and the USA, the center of advanced research, are perplexed with the blow of Corona pandemic, that time even question about the globalization or the supply-chain has also been raised.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The opening doesn't work. After "When Switzerland, known as the shrine of the pharmaceutical industry", you need to continue that sentence. You can't just end it there, which is effectively what you've done by putting a semi-colon there.

Dukul12345

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
This is what you are trying to write in the first part of the sentence:

When Switzerland (known as the shrine of the pharmaceutical industry), Germany (the center of the manufacturing of capital intensive or scientific equipment), China (the production floor of raw material for industries), and the USA (the center of advanced research) are perplexed ... .

It's ugly with brackets, and very difficult to understand with commas and semi-colons. You have far too complex a subject for the simple verb 'are', especially in a subordinate clause.

Then could you please explain how can I write it?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If you want to keep all those ideas in, Piscean's version with brackets is really the best way, ugly though it might be.

Dukul12345

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
You then need to work on the main clause. I suggest you begin with 'then' rather than 'that time'

When Switzerland (known as the shrine of the pharmaceutical industry), Germany (the center of the manufacturing of capital intensive or scientific equipment), China (the production floor of raw material for industries), and the USA (the center of advanced research) are perplexed,
that time even question about the globalization or the supply-chain has also been raised.

I suggest you begin with 'then' rather than 'that time'. Do you mean 'of' or 'or'?.

Thanks Piscean! Okay I will begin it with "then" and sorry for my typo "of".

Status
Not open for further replies.