Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Romanian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

Formal email to university. Is it correct?

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is to request more information about two of your Research Areas: Physics and Astronomy and Space Physics from the Earth, Planetary and Space Sciences. I am extremely interested in those two subjects, and I can’t wait to apply to your university for Fall 2021.
    First, I want to study Astrophysics and I see that your university has three options. These two, Physics and Astronomy and Space Physics, have their particularities, so I would probably want to study both of them, I am not quite sure if that would be possible, and also what opportunities do I have after graduating.
    Second, I would like to know which is the maximum value of the tuition fee your university grants.
    Thank you in advance for your attention to my request and I look forward to receiving your response.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 20-Apr-2020 at 17:52. Reason: Enlarged font to make post readable

2. VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Re: Formal email to university. Is it correct?

Quote Originally Posted by AdelaPh View Post
    Dear Sir or Madam,

This is to request more information about two of your Research Areas: Physics and Astronomy and Space Physics from the Earth, Planetary and Space Sciences. I am extremely interested in those two subjects, and I can’t wait to apply to your university for Fall 2021.
    First, I want to study Astrophysics and I see that your university has three options. These two, Physics and Astronomy and Space Physics, have their particularities, so I would probably want to study both of them, I am not quite sure if that would be possible, and also what opportunities do I have after graduating.
    Second, I would like to know which is the maximum value of the tuition fee your university grants.
    Thank you in advance for your attention to my request and I look forward to receiving your response.
    You said you are requesting for information for two subjects but I see there are more than two (Physics and Astronomy and Space Physics from the Earth, Planetary and Space Sciences).

What level/course of study are you applying for - first degree or postgraduate studies?

Physics and Astronomy and Space Physics - are these two or three subjects?

Are you asking for scholarship and study grants? And job opportunities in those fields?

Do not forget to allow space between paragraphs.
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.