I need help to improve my thesis statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackyman7

Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
[FONT=&quot]I had to come up with a thesis statement for my argumentive essay outline and after that I had to film a video for that class. Now I did everything correctly EXCEPT my thesis statement, long story short I never saw my teachers feedback and filmed the video. I now have the chance to redeem myself and really need the credits for this class desperately. Can anybody please help me with bettering my thesis statement? it can't be longer than 1-2 sentences.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]''Evidence has shown that gender-segregated schools are not inherently better than co-ed schools.''[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As you can see my ''thesis statement'' is more a fact. How can I improve this to become a solid thesis statement??[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any help will be appreciated![/FONT]

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thesis statement.

Perhaps:

Evidence has shown that gender-segregated schools are neither inherently better nor worse than coed schools.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Re: Thesis statement.

If you were a teacher, as it says in your profile information, you would understand why we can give you only very general advice.

My advice is this: search online for a resource that explains how to write a good thesis statement.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would say:

It has to be just one or two sentences.