Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Please correct my mistakes in my writing.

Sometimes experts will acknowledge the benefits of Ramadan fasting (or fasting as a spiritual practice) by equating it to going without food for some time. Fasting does involve going without food, but fasting is not equivalent to abstaining from food. If it were then people would be able to attain spiritual goals simply by starving. Rather, it's unimaginably more than that. So showing the benefits of Ramadan fasting by showing the benefits of absaining from food for health reasons is a way of hiding the truth by presenting information. When it comes to spiritual practices, even facts may hide the Truth.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Please correct my mistakes in my writing.

Sometimes experts [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] acknowledge the benefits of Ramadan fasting (or fasting as a spiritual practice) by equating it to going without food for some time. Fasting does involve going without food, but fasting is not equivalent to abstaining from food. If it were then people would be able to attain spiritual goals simply by starving. Rather, it's [STRIKE]unimaginably[/STRIKE] much more than that. So showing the benefits of Ramadan fasting by showing the benefits of abstaining from food for health reasons is a way of hiding the truth by presenting incomplete information. When it comes to spiritual practices, even facts may hide the truth (what do you mean?) .

See my corrections above.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It depends what they're experts in- a nutritionist would be telling the truth if they see the health benefits of fasting. The spiritual aspects would lie outside their area of expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.