English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Egypt
Hello lovely teacher(s).
My grade 9&10 student are having a research project to be graded for this quarter four (4) session. The topics to be researched are: 1) Homeschooling. Investigate this topic and illustrate the advantages and disadvantages of studying at home with individual tutors. 2) Cyber-Bullying. Can it be considered a crime? What should be done to reduce the number of cyber-bullies on social networks?
What do I have to do to explain how to go about the first, second and final draft of the research topic to the students?

Thanks in anticipation.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Grades 9 and 10 project

Hello, teachers. We don't all want to think ourselves as lovely.

My grades 9 and 10 students have a research project to be graded for this fourth-quarter session. The topics to be researched are: 1) Homeschooling: Investigate this topic and illustrate the advantages and disadvantages of studying at home with individual tutors. 2) Cyber-bullying: Can it be considered a crime? What should be done to reduce the number of cyber-bullies on social networks?

What do I have to do to explain how to go about the first, second and final draft of the research topic to the students?

Thanks.
I've fixed your post.

I'm not a teacher, so I have no teaching advice.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello lovely teacher(s).

My grade 9&10 student are having a research project to be graded for this quarter four (4) session. The topics to be researched are:

1) Homeschooling. Investigate this topic and illustrate the advantages and disadvantages of studying at home with individual tutors.
2) Cyber-Bullying. Can it be considered a crime? What should be done to reduce the number of cyber-bullies on social networks?

Thanks in anticipation.

Charlie has already shown you the main corrections that were needed. Above, I have shown you how your post should have been laid out. Line breaks are important!

If you're the teacher, why don't you know how to explain to them what they need to do?

I have moved your thread to the "Teaching English" sub-section of the forum.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I don't really understand what you're asking us to say.

How old is grade 9 and 10?
Have they done their research already?
Do they know what they have to do next?
Have you shown them how to organise their work into sections?
Have you given them the language they need to write the textual parts of the assignment?

Have you studied to be a professional teacher?
Do you have a head of department or someone else at your school to support you?

Remember that research topics don't have drafts. The topic is the subject that they are to research (homeschooling, etc.). It's their written texts that need to be drafted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.