A game that meant a lot to my childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
Please correct my mistakes.

Unfortunately, around two in the morning, my parents told me it was past my bedtime, and I had to shut the console off. In my first walkthrough, I managed to release Ashley from the church. The following days, I kept on playing it for an average of four hours per day. I was totally captivated by it. The number of environments one can interact with is vast. To name a few, one will find themselves in spooky abandoned farms, stormy nights, medieval chambers in an enormous castle, industrial facilities in a terrifying island, and much more. Regarding bosses, there is a wide variety. You will have to devise different strategies to take them down. For instance, the final encounter against Krauser is easily overcome by using the knife as opposed to shotguns, magnums and rifles.

It's been eleven years since my first exposure to the game, yet I still play it from time to time. This game marked me and radically changed my conception of video games to the point that now I'm overly fond of them. RE4 is unquestionably a masterpiece that not only provided hours of unparalleled entertainment, but revolutionized the video game industry.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Please correct my mistakes.

Unfortunately, around two in the morning, my parents told me it was past my bedtime, and I had to turn the console off. In my first walkthrough, I managed to release Ashley from the church. Over the following days, I kept on playing it for an average of four hours per day. I was totally captivated by it. The number of environments one can interact with is vast. To name a few, one will find themselves in spooky abandoned farms, stormy nights, medieval chambers in an enormous castle, industrial facilities on a terrifying island, and much more. Regarding bosses, there is a wide variety. You will have to devise different strategies to take them down. For instance, the final encounter against Krauser is easily overcome by using the knife as opposed to shotguns, magnums and rifles.

It's been eleven years since my first exposure to the game, yet I still play it from time to time. This game marked me and radically changed my conception of video games to the point that now I'm very fond of them. RE4 is unquestionably a masterpiece that not only provided hours of unparalleled entertainment, but revolutionized the video game industry.

Yes, I completely agree— RE4 is a masterpiece. And so is RE2, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.