[General] How to address the interviewer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnjackie88

Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
My wife is going to take part in an interview. In the interview, she has to make a self introduction in English. The interviewers are femal teachers (not sure whether they are professors or not). So in the begining, how can I address them? E.g Good morning, dear teachers? or just "Hello everyone?"

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My wife is going to [STRIKE]take part in[/STRIKE] have an interview. In the interview, she has to [STRIKE]make a self introduction[/STRIKE] introduce herself in English. The interviewers are female teachers (I'm not sure whether they are professors or not). [STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] At the [STRIKE]beginning[/STRIKE] start, how can [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] my wife address them? [STRIKE]E.g[/STRIKE] For example, are "Good morning, dear teachers" or [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] "Hello everyone" OK?

I'd just go with "Good morning" or "Good morning, everyone".

Note my corrections above.

cnjackie88

Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
@emsr2d2 could you please help me with the self introduction?

Good morning. It is my pleasure to introduce myself. I am [name removed by moderator], graduated from Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine five years ago,and now working in Zhongda Hospital.
During my college, I once was awarded the Third-class People's Scholarship and passed CET-4 already. Besides, I also joined in some school community activities, like "first aid in home care ". Taking part in the out-of-the-classroom activities helped me to understand the importance of nursing and guided me to think about my long-term goal-being a nursing expert. I have a sister and a brother, all of us went to colleges, so my parents worked every hard to support us. In order to share their burden, I did some part-time jobs. All these experiences have made me a tough and aspirant person.
I think one of my greatest strengths is analytical thinking. During my rotation in nursing department, I found the work there is very out of order. So, I created a work-flow for reference which also helps the following colleagues there.
Zhongda hospital has witnessed my growth. In the first year I did not good in nursing theory test but now I am able to get full marks. Once I knew nothing about QCC, but I keep learning. Finally in 2019, I won the first prize in PDCA competition held in Nanjing.
If I am lucky enough to study in this great university, I will make every effort to gain great achievement in the near future. That’s all about me. Thank you for giving me such a wonderful opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can I suggest that your wife join the forum herself? It would be a lot easier for us to help if we're dealing with the person who's actually going to be interviewed. It will also help us get an idea of her level/standard of English so we'll be better placed to make suggestions that will sound natural when she says them.

cnjackie88

Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I have recommended this forum to her.

cnjackie88

Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I have let her register the forum, but her account is still awaiting for activation. Coule you please make the activation as soon as possible. Her ID name is "cn-emma".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]I have let her[/STRIKE] She has registered on the forum, but her account is still awaiting [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] activation. Could you please [STRIKE]make the activation[/STRIKE] activate it as soon as possible? Her [STRIKE]ID[/STRIKE] username is "cn-emma".

She has joined successfully. She posted yesterday and her post has responses. We will continue to help your wife directly in her own threads so this thread is now closed.

Here is the link to her first thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.