Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I wrote some texts. Are there any mistakes?. Can anyone check, please:oops:

1) She is a joyous person. She can be very active and energetic. Sometimes her friends say that she is a girl of moods and quite impulsive. But that’s only because she is a very ambitious girl and she can be irritable sometimes when she can’t get what she wants.

2) Her friends love her because she is the life and soul of the party. Her mum loves her because she is even-tempered and calm. Her boyfriend loves her because she is friendly and positive. Her teacher loves her because she is a very creative and curious girl.

3) I don’t think that you will ever find a person who is so good-hearted, peaceful and reliable. Some people can say that he is non-communicative and reserved. Well, maybe he is from time to time. But it’s a good thing. He is very paitient and well-balanced. Maybe he can be too quiet sometimes, but compare to his talkative sister he is an equable person.

4) - What do you think about the new girl? Did you like her?
- Yes, I did. She is so harmonious, sensitive and deep. Perhaps a little bit too thin-skinned and restless but she is very acute.

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I [STRIKE]wrote[/STRIKE] have written some texts. Are there any mistakes?. Can [STRIKE]anyone[/STRIKE] someone check, please:oops:

1) She is a joyous person. She can be very active and energetic. Sometimes her friends say that she is a girl of moods and quite impulsive. But that’s only because she is a very ambitious girl and she can be irritable sometimes when she can’t get what she wants.

2) Her friends love her because she is the life and soul of the party. Her mum loves her because she is even-tempered and calm. Her boyfriend loves her because she is friendly and positive. Her teacher loves her because she is a very creative and curious girl.

3) I don’t think that you will ever find a person who is so good-hearted, peaceful and reliable. Some people can say that he is non-communicative and reserved. Well, maybe he is, from time to time. But it’s a good thing. He is very pa[STRIKE]i[/STRIKE]tient and well-balanced. [STRIKE]Maybe[/STRIKE] He can be too quiet sometimes, but compared to his talkative sister, he is an equable person.

4) What do you think about the new girl? Did you like her?
- Yes, I did. She is so harmonious, sensitive and deep. Perhaps a little bit too thin-skinned and restless, but she is very acute.

See above.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Consider this.

Abe: What do you think about the new girl? Do you like her?
Bob: Yes. I do. She is harmonious, sensitive and deep. She is perhaps a little too thin skinned and restless, but she is very acute.

(I don't understand most of what Bob said.)
:-?

AllaR

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Which of these words are not clear? Maybe I chose the wrong adjectives to describe the character?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Which of these words are not clear?

If there were some context it might be easier to understand what is intended.

Some words don't need a lot of context:

smart, funny, strong, pretty

People are in general agreement what those words mean.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Maybe I chose the wrong adjectives to describe the character?

It's impossible to tell. We don't know anything about her.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Which of these words are not clear? Maybe I chose the wrong adjectives to describe the character?

The problem words are harmonious and acute. We don't use those adjectives to describe a person's character. If you tell us what you mean, maybe we can offer alternatives.

The other words are fine.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Bob: She is a little too thin-skinned.