Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
Please fix my mistakes in these paragraphs.

Anti-Aliasing is the digital implementation that removes removes jaggies or the staircase effect that appears on the edges of video games images in real time, making them appear smoother.
These imperfections stem from pixels, which are tiny squares that constitute an image. If a certain number of pixels are aligned, they will form a perfectly straight segment. However, in order to trace a diagonal, the pixels arrange in such a way that they end up touching only their vertexes, creating the unappealing staircase effect.

A wide variety of techniques have been implemented to tackle this issue. MSAA is the most basic and graphically demanding of all. TXAA is the newest solution from Nvidia, which is both effective and precise. Although these two methods approach aliasing employing different mathematical models, they work fundamentally under the same principle. That is detecting the areas where the data has been flawed and collecting samples around them to reconstruct the missing sections of curves or diagonals.

Even though over the years Anti-Aliasing has been perfected and the results it produces are clean and smooth, increasing the resolution will yield superior image quality.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Please fix my mistakes in these paragraphs.

Anti-Aliasing is [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a digital implementation (program?) that removes [STRIKE]removes[/STRIKE] jaggies or the "staircase effect" that appears on the edges of video games images in real time, making them appear smoother.
These imperfections stem from the pixels, which are tiny squares that constitute an image. If a certain number of pixels are aligned, they will form a perfectly straight segment. However, in order to trace a diagonal, the pixels are arranged in such a way that they end up touching only their vertexes, creating the unappealing "staircase effect".

A wide variety of techniques have been implemented (devised) to tackle this issue. MSAA is the most basic and graphically demanding of all. TXAA is the newest solution from Nvidia, which is both effective and precise. Although these two methods approach aliasing by employing different mathematical models, they work fundamentally [STRIKE]under[/STRIKE] on the same principle. That is detecting the areas where the data [STRIKE]has been[/STRIKE] is flawed and collecting samples (data?) around them to reconstruct the missing sections of curves or diagonals.

Even though over the years, Anti-Aliasing has been perfected and the results it produces are clean and smooth, increasing the resolution will yield superior image quality.

See above.

Captain

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
Thanks for your corrections.
It's not a program, rather a technology or a technique.
Do I need "the" before pixels? I'm referring to pixels in general, not specific ones.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thanks for your corrections.
It's not a program, rather a technology or a technique.
Do I need "the" before pixels? I'm referring to pixels in general, not specific ones.

I would think so. The imperfections stem from the particular attributes i.e. the pixels.

Status
Not open for further replies.