A discussion about assessing English language learners in the classroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhaa29

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
In class base assessment do you think English language learners cultural sensitivities should be taken into consideration when assessing them why or why not?

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
In class-based assessments, do you think English language learners' cultural sensitivities should be taken into consideration when assessing them? Explain why or why not.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections to your post above. Where did you get that question? When do you have to submit your response and to whom?

muhaa29

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
In class-based assessments, do you think English language learners' cultural sensitivities should be taken into consideration when assessing them? Explain why or why not.

Where did you get that question? When do you have to submit your response and to whom?

The question is my own I'm presently taking a class on assessment instruction for ELLs and would like to get responses from other educators about this question.Secondly I have to submit my responses in three weeks for a university that I'm attending.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The question is my own. I'm presently taking a class on assessment instruction for ELLs and would like to get responses from other educators about this question. [STRIKE]Secondly[/STRIKE] I have to submit my responses in three weeks [STRIKE]for a[/STRIKE] to the university that I'm attending.

Note my corrections above.

In that case, we wish you good luck. We do not help with assignments or any kind of coursework on the forum. Your tutor doesn't want to know what we know. They want to know what you know.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If that is the question, your tutor needs to tidy up their English.

Status
Not open for further replies.