English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

A discussion about assessing English language learners in the classroom.

In class base assessment do you think English language learners cultural sensitivities should be taken into consideration when assessing them why or why not?
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 19-May-2020 at 10:22. Reason: enlarging font size (Rover); changed font colour to black to make it readable (emsr2d2)

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: A discussion about assessing English language learners in the classroom.

Quote Originally Posted by muhaa29 View Post
    In class-based assessments, do you think English language learners' cultural sensitivities should be taken into consideration when assessing them? Explain why or why not.
    Welcome to the forum.

Please note my corrections to your post above. Where did you get that question? When do you have to submit your response and to whom?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

3. Newbie
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

In class-based assessments, do you think English language learners' cultural sensitivities should be taken into consideration when assessing them? Explain why or why not.

Where did you get that question? When do you have to submit your response and to whom?

The question is my own I'm presently taking a class on assessment instruction for ELLs and would like to get responses from other educators about this question.Secondly I have to submit my responses in three weeks for a university that I'm attending.

Last edited by emsr2d2; 25-May-2020 at 11:04.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by muhaa29 View Post
    The question is my own. I'm presently taking a class on assessment instruction for ELLs and would like to get responses from other educators about this question. Secondly I have to submit my responses in three weeks for a to the university that I'm attending.
    Note my corrections above.

In that case, we wish you good luck. We do not help with assignments or any kind of coursework on the forum. Your tutor doesn't want to know what we know. They want to know what you know.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

5. Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

If that is the question, your tutor needs to tidy up their English.