Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
I need some help for correction my email letter that i want to send to university

Dear Sir/Madam

I am [personal information removed by moderator],

This is to requests more information about your Economics Course (Undergraduate) at Downing College, Cambridge Of University. I am extremely interested in this course and I am anxious to apply for it in your renowned university for admission in 2021.

I have graduated in Senior High School (3 years) with formal education standard Ministry of Education, Indonesia and already have Ijazah (Certificate of Graduation). I would like to ask to inquire about the qualification and in particular, is the formal education standard Ministry of Education, Indonesia one of your accepted qualifications? If so, I would be grateful if you could indicate the academic entry requirements of Downing College, Cambridge Of University for Indonesian students.

Based on the information official site Cambridge Of University (https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/indonesia), entry requirements only considered suitable for admission to Cambridge are A-Levels, the International Baccalaureate (IB), five or more Advanced Placement (AP) courses, or possibly the first year of an undergraduate degree at a university outside the UK. That article recommends that I contact the College that I wish to apply directly for further advice and guidance.

Second, I would greatly appreciate some information about the English language requirements for International Applicants a non-English speaking country. And, if accepted and enrolled, would I be classified as an international student for fees purposes?

Thank You in advance for your attention to my request. I look forward to receiving your response.

Sincerely,
[personal information removed by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I need some help for correction of my email letter that i want to send to university

Dear Sir/Madam

Subject: Enquiry on Entry Requirements into Undergraduate Course in Economics (B.Sc./B.A?)

[STRIKE]I am[/STRIKE] [personal information removed by moderator], unnecessary

[STRIKE]This is to requests[/STRIKE] I wish to request for more (why more? Have you made a request before?) information about your Economics course (Undergraduate level) at Downing College, Cambridge Of University. I am extremely interested in this course and I am anxious to apply for it in your renowned university for admission in 2021.

I have graduated [STRIKE]in [/STRIKE] from Senior High School [STRIKE](3 years)[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]with formal education standard Ministry of Education, Indonesia[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]and already have[/STRIKE] with an Ijazah ([STRIKE]Certificate of Graduation[/STRIKE] certificate equivalent to A-levels?) in xxxx (year?). I would like to ask to inquire about the entry qualification and, in particular, [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] whether you accept the [STRIKE]formal education standard Ministry of Education,[/STRIKE] local pre-university qualification from Indonesia [STRIKE]one of your accepted qualifications?[/STRIKE] for entry into your university. If [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] you do not, I would be grateful if you could[STRIKE] indicate [/STRIKE] tell me the academic entry requirements of Downing College, Cambridge Of University (???) for Indonesian students.

[STRIKE]Based on the information official site Cambridge Of University (https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/indonesia)[/STRIKE] I understand from your website that the entry requirements [STRIKE]only considered suitable for admission[/STRIKE] to Cambridge University are A-Levels, the International Baccalaureate (IB), five or more Advanced Placement (AP) courses, or possibly the completion of the first year of an undergraduate degree at a university outside the UK. That article (what article?) recommends that I contact the College that I wish to apply directly for further advice and guidance.

Second, I would greatly appreciate [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] information about the English language requirements forinternational applicants from a non-English speaking country. And, if accepted and enrolled, would I be classified as an international student for fees purposes?

Thank You in advance for your attention to my request. I look forward to receiving your response.

Sincerely,
[personal information removed by moderator]

I always make it a point and recommend having a title for official letters so that the reader knows what to expect at a glance without reading through the whole letter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.