Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Please correct my mistakes in my writing:

Using a dictionary is an art, just like using a sword is. How much you will learn from a dictionary depends on how artfully you can use it, just like how long you will survive on a battlefield depends on how artfully you can use your sword.

You have a sword, but that doesn't mean you can win a fight without practice and mastering the art of using a sword. In the same way, you may have a dictionary, but that doesn't mean you will learn English correctly and effectively without mastering the art of using your dictionary.

So look up words in a dictionary regularly. Make it your daily habit. Gradually, you'll master the art of using a dictionary. It will happen automatically. However, it will take a great deal of time, but finally you will be able to get the most out of a dictionary.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Very good. I would write "just [STRIKE]like[/STRIKE] as how long you will survive on a battlefield..."
You also use 'like' in the first sentence. It doesn't sound so bad there, but generally, I'd advise using 'as', not 'like', when you mean 'as'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.