Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Great Britain
please let me know if this below sentence is correct especially - ill join or ill be joining ?

Just to let you know that I have emailed our account manager Stephen Mungall regarding SAGE PAY

On Thursday I will be joining Eureka Solutions Customer Exclusive Spindle Webinar to learn about some options for document management tools that could assist

Thank you for your help

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please let me know if [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] the [STRIKE]below[/STRIKE] sentence below is correct, especially (no hyphen here) "I'll join" or "I'll be joining"?

Just to let you know that I have emailed our account manager Stephen Mungall regarding SAGE PAY.

On Thursday, I will be joining Eureka Solutions Customer Exclusive Spindle Webinar to learn about some options for document management tools that could assist me/us.

Thank you for your help.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections above. It's important to follow these rules of written English at all times:
- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular pronoun).
- End every sentence with one appropriate closing punctuation mark.
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

Enclose words you are asking us about in quotation marks.

"I'll join" and "I'll be joining" are both possible, but I don't think "join" is really the verb you need. People take part in webinars.

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please let me know if [STRIKE]this below[/STRIKE] the sentence below is correct, especially - i'll join or i'll be joining ?

Just to let you know that I have emailed our account manager Stephen Mungall regarding SAGE PAY.

On Thursday, I will be joining Eureka Solutions Customer Exclusive Spindle Webinar to learn about some options for document management tools that could assist.

Thank you for your help
Please edit your post intros/questions as well as the text to be considered for correction.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Use: I'll be attending

Make sure you capitalise the I in I'll and place an apostrophe after it.

Adria81

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Great Britain
Re:"I'll join" and "I'll be joining"

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections above. It's important to follow these rules of written English at all times:
- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular pronoun).
- End every sentence with one appropriate closing punctuation mark.
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

Enclose words you are asking us about in quotation marks.

"I'll join" and "I'll be joining" are both possible, but I don't think "join" is really the verb you need. People take part in webinars.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Should I say?
On Thursday
I will be taking part in
Eureka Solutions Customer Exclusive Spindle Webinar to learn about some options for document management tools that could assist me/us.

Please let me know, if the above sentence is correct. Thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: "I'll join" and "I'll be joining"

Thank you very much for your reply.

Should I say (no question mark here) "On Thursday, I will be taking part in Eureka Solutions Customer Exclusive Spindle Webinar to learn about some options for document management tools that could assist me/us"?
Please let me know (no comma here) if the above sentence is correct. Thank you.

Your sentence works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.