Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
When i was a little boy, I've been very interested in why one person's abilities can be much more than another person's, and a little bit of growing up I found out that there is such a thing as "money", and then everything fell into place - I realized that if a person has a lot of knowledge, or a lot of talent, or just his family has more money than the other person's, he is likely to be higher than he is in society. Realizing this, I decided that I wanted to work hard to get myself up the social ladder and give my descendants more opportunities than I had.

During my life I had to change 9 schools, because my family changed their place of residence very often, because my parents work on humanitarian missions. But I have never had much trouble getting into a new team because I find it very easy to get along with people, and I even felt good about being friends with different people. In junior high everything was great, because I was very easy to study, and I was quite popular in my school. This trend continued until the end of the middle classes: there began the transition age, problems with parents, the desire for independent life, the first attempts to earn money. With a friend, I was brought a pretty solid sum at the time, and that was another factor in my growing up. By the beginning of high school, I was combining study with work, and I loved it. Even though my academic performance has dropped, I always knew that I could pass the final exams quite easily, because I can easily study.

By the final grade I had problems from the very beginning: because my parents applied for a visa late, I had to wait several months for my passport and go to study in Moscow. Luckily I found an international school, and by the end of November I am entering it, studying for 2 weeks and getting used to the new people and the new school, and then the holidays come, and after them exams, which I was not ready for because of my ignorance. But good thing I learned that they will be in a few days, and at least I could write a relatively good score a couple of tests, and good to pass 1 subject. In the end, however, I failed 2 subjects as a result of all the tests, but I was not surprised, because I was at school quite recently, and even provided that I missed almost everything I had to learn 2 years I was able to write a few units on one of the best scores in my class, and from February I start to prepare hard for the final exams. But because of the pandemic, I realize that all my efforts are in vain, because I will not be able to pass the exam, because of the decision of Cie, where it was written that my final grades are based on what I received for several years. As a result, I decide to accept this and try to prove myself either at the entrance exams or at the university itself.

In conclusion, I'd like to mention a couple of my achievements and personal qualities: I've been playing sports most of my life and I have a couple of triple awards in football and martial arts; during my life in Paris, I managed to earn enough to bring one of my business ideas to life; I'm an extrovert by nature and I like to communicate with people and also play musical instruments.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Were you given any guidelines: word count, areas to cover?
What's the application deadline?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can you please check my personal statement? I urgently [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] need [STRIKE]urs[/STRIKE] your [STRIKE]assistant[/STRIKE] assistance.

Please note my corrections to your title.

Always capitalise the word "I".
Don't use non-standard abbreviations such "u" and "ur".
Remember to punctuate appropriately.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The title and text seem to be written by two different people. Were they?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
When i was a little boy, I[STRIKE]'ve been[/STRIKE] was very interested in why one person's abilities can be much [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] better than another person's, and after a little bit of growing up, I found out that there is such a thing as "money", and then everything fell into place. I realized that if a person has a lot of knowledge, or a lot of talent, or just his family has more money than the other person's, he is likely to be higher [STRIKE]than he is[/STRIKE] in status in society. Realizing this, I decided [STRIKE]that I wanted [/STRIKE]to work hard to get myself up the social ladder and give my descendants more opportunities than I had.

My shot at the second paragraph.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
So why do one person's abilities differ from those of another? Are we born different?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

I had to change schools nine times because we moved so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.